Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The fact that by the time I am able to buy a ticket there is a very strong chance I won't be able to get one. I have done 7 away this season and a few paid on the gate. Seems like those ones will cost me getting a ticket for Palace.

And that's the club's fault how exactly?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The fact that by the time I am able to buy a ticket there is a very strong chance I won't be able to get one. I have done 7 away this season and a few paid on the gate. Seems like those ones will cost me getting a ticket for Palace.

f*** sake. I think they ought to also bring in an IQ factor as well. I don't mean to sound harsh but it will come out that way but you really are thick as shit if you think that this is somehow unfair on you. I'm kind of glad that Darwin's Law seems to have stopped the likes of you being representative of the average Brighton fan when we play them this month.

I truly despair at times.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
f*** sake. I think they ought to also bring in an IQ factor as well. I don't mean to sound harsh but it will come out that way but you really are thick as shit if you think that this is somehow unfair on you. I'm kind of glad that Darwin's Law seems to have stopped the likes of you being representative of the average Brighton fan when we play them this month.

I've already explained and yes maybe it is me just being stupid and obviously not paying for the tickets beforehand will cost me going up there but I guess if some people were in my shoes they would also be a bit annoyed.

The likes of me? You don't know me so be quiet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The amount of points for this game seem quite high starting off with, IMO. Maybe it is just me but I'm not too chuffed.

The brigade of people with face palms will be out soon, calling me whatever.
:facepalm: whatever

I think it's fantastic that the club have brought in this system, and LONG overdue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I went to the Gibraltar X1 home friendly in 1969 and it now seems that that counts for nothing......

Oh 6-0 by the way.....Dawson got 4.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

I think it's fantastic that the club have brought in this system, and LONG overdue.

Don't get me wrong I do think the points system is a good idea. I think the fact that they are stretching out the dates by 2/3 days while only dropping the points by 10, making it harder to get a ticket before they sell out.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Absolutley 100% correct sir (bet you never thought you'd see that).

The whole debacle is ridiculous. The lowest number of points the website mentions is 1330, and those people cant buy their tickets until 22nd January. How many people can have 1330 points? They would have to be Amex Season ticket holders (18,500) who were Withdean Season Ticket Holders (4,000 ish?) plus people who have been to at least 2 home cup games and 4 away games, or 8 away games and no home cup games - remembering that the majority of fans don't actually go to away games, I reckon this is only about 1500 people.

Surely the simplest way would have been to think "We've got 2700 tickets available, lets look at the database and see how many loyalty points the person in position 2700th has. Say it's 1250 points. Right, so we'll make tickets available for a week at 1250 points and upwards. That gives the 2700 most loyal fans the chance to get their tickets. If they aren't organised enough to sort out their tickets in a week, then tough luck. After a week, we'll make it 1100, that's probably another 2000 people. Give them a few days, and then if there are any left then just make it available to season ticket holders".

EASY.

Bang on this. This is the sort of post that NSC is all about

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The likes of me? You don't know me so be quiet.

I know that you knew that a loyalty points system was in operation for big games, I know that as a Brighton fan you regard Palace as THE big game. I know you were told those with the most points would get highest priority for the big games. I know you were told that you get points for away games but only if you buy them through the club rather than POTD.

So tell me, who is it that should be quiet?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
To be honest Marc, I agree with those who have said the club have done the fairest thing for this (apart from my own personal gripe about the JCL's in the 1901 getting in on the act from the off).

I think the biggest shitter is Palarse only giving us a poxy 2700 seats. :glare:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
loyalty points system is fine....just think trips to middlesbrough, derby and brum should earn more points than pompey, saints and millwall.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

I echo this. I havent been to many long distance away trips this season but I think those games like boro should be deserving of more loyalty points (btw I didnt go to boro, this comment is for those who went not me)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I reckon you'll be fine to get a ticket anyway. There can't he many more than 2,700 people with more than 1,250 points and plenty of those wont want to go on a Tuesday night.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I reckon you'll be fine to get a ticket anyway. There can't he many more than 2,700 people with more than 1,250 points and plenty of those wont want to go on a Tuesday night.

Hope you are right as I only have 1330.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I think you response is OTT, why the personal insults?

I don't know about the OP or OP's situation and will refrain from making assumptions as I don't know his reasons, but it seems a rational post.

Personally, I work away/abroad with no access to a PC when at work, and have paid twice on gate to support OUR club as a result.

I went to Middlesboro but work commitments this week mean I miss Wrexham and will earn only half the points of those getting a 10 minute bus trip, that didn't make the 12 hour expensive round trip I made. Is that fair?

I am not complaining the system is what it is, but berating ones own fellow fans is surely not representative of our club either is it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The loyalty points system was long over due after the shambles at West Ham away in the cup, finally makes sense and rewards those that attend home and away on a regular basis.

Take for instance Gillingham in the cup, I was away but purchased the tickets anyway and only one was used so glad I made that decision as I have 1400 loyalty points or 1410 if Peterborough included.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What are the club playing at with the loyalty system for this game?!

I have 1310 loyalty points and the latest I have to wait to grab a ticket will be past the 22nd.

Not very happy.

Looks like paying on the gate for the odd away game has cost me a trip to Selhurst..

Did you get a ticket then you POTG? If so did you keep it?

If yes to both of the above, why not take it to the club shop and ask if you can have the loyalty points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here