Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Matthew Upson to Albion" thread [merged]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As someone else said, left footed CBs r hard to come by...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone who thinks Upson wouldn't be an absolutely TREMENDOUS signing for us is a f***ing idiot.

There, I said it.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Oh for goodness sake Upson is class. That's fact. One of the greatest signings we've had. I can't understand what's to discuss. Class always prevails. Embrace him.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Christ on a bike... are there really some who think we are too good for Upson ? I bet they had the same feeling about Wayne Bridge.... "too old, was never all that anyway playing for England... blah blah!" Well - we are in the division below at the moment. Any defender who played two years ago in the world cup SHOULD potentially be a great acquisition for us. I hope it goes through.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Oh for goodness sake Upson is class. That's fact. One of the greatest signings we've had. I can't understand what's to discuss. Class always prevails. Embrace him.

Yep....100% agree with this too....

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Christ on a bike... are there really some who think we are too good for Upson ? I bet they had the same feeling about Wayne Bridge.... "too old, was never all that anyway playing for England... blah blah!" Well - we are in the division below at the moment. Any defender who played two years ago in the world cup SHOULD potentially be a great acquisition for us. I hope it goes through.

Well said. :salute:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
[tweet]297090032953602050[/tweet]

Johnny Cantor
‏@johnnycburger
Matthew Upson & Wayne Bridge together in England team that beat Germany 2-1 in 2008. Upson scored.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Naylor has just tweeted 'Upson loan confirmed to the end of the season' then deleted it a minute later...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There seems to be something of an idiocy arms race on here sometimes. Traditional form has usually meant criticising a signing before he's kicked a ball for us, but some posters on here have really upped their game and are now having a pop before the player's even signed. That's properly raising the bar, that is...

Assuming Upson signs, given time to bed into our way of playing (bit different from Stoke, after all) I'd fully expect him to be an excellent addition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here