Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Matthew Upson to Albion" thread [merged]

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Matthew Upson would be a cracking signing. Decent replacement for Greer for the rest of the season. Could do with another younger CB as well.

AJBHA

Jan 27, 2013
London
I'm not talking about the youth or development squad. Just our first team squad.
Yes I know he's got caps and I rate him as a player but we have a fair few players over 29-30!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's a loan for the rest of the season to add a bit of quality and plug the gap that would have been filled by the 21-year-old Van Dijk. It's a good move.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'm not talking about the youth or development squad. Just our first team squad.
Yes I know he's got caps and I rate him as a player but we have a fair few players over 29-30!

Please read my first reply. It's a fact. Would you rather we go the next 2/3 weeks without ANY CB other than El-Abd then?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

But it's only a loan until the end of the season... he's not going to age dramatically in that time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Matthew upson? Do we really need another old player!

AJBHA, I wish you were in charge of our signings. You've been around for four days and yet you make more sense and clearly know more about what makes a good football club than out entire back room staff.

Blatant evidence to the contrary aside, Poyet is obviously clueless and wouldn't know a good defender if it kicked him up the arse.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So a player who scored a goal for England in the World Cup (last 16) just 2 years ago against Germany is deemed by some too old and not good enough to Play for Brighton bloody hell when did we become that good :lolol:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't think we should be getting into signing Arsenal and England rejects for a short term fix either. I much preferred it when were struggling to maintain our league status personally.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm sure there were a few Reading fans who said the same thing about Jason Roberts and look how that worked out for them.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Matthew upson? Do we really need another old player!

And your suggestion who we should sign is.............?
Realistic targets only.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great signing.... When it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here