Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Matthew Upson to Albion" thread [merged]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great signing, Gus is all about getting in better players for each position and this will push El And, Greer and Dunk for regular places.

Think Gus will do better getting players in once the training facilities are on the horizon.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
God, I wish the club would stop this selective colour nonsense. With respect to 16-year-olds, it's the kind of thing you'd expect in a GCSE project.

I think it works for pictures like this:

A_jlH2lCIAAKyiD.jpg

But they are overusing it a bit...

D

Deleted member 2719

Upson has played and coped against far far better forwards than Murray, and Kevin Phillips is long past his best. Playing alongside another former England team mate and in front of a Polish international keep shoudl give him confidence that he's part of a serious team.

We will have to wait and see whether he is good value but i could not see that we needed another CB, as we have one of the best defensive records unless Gus is going to drop the defensive midfield set up for an all out attack!

I would have preferred cover for the Pole in our hole and ship out the spooners.

As for Phillips he still good for the last 20.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We will have to wait and see whether he is good value but i could not see that we needed another CB, as we have one of the best defensive records unless Gus is going to drop the defensive midfield set up for an all out attack!

I would have preferred cover for the Pole in our hole and ship out the spooners.

As for Phillips he still good for the last 20.

Yes we have one of the best defensive records but also only have 1 recognized centre back available tomorrow. I is injured, his deputy may not be in the right frame of mind. Both centre backs must be near to suspension for bookings. So signing a 33 yr old ex England centre back with extensive experience was a must.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes we have one of the best defensive records but also only have 1 recognized centre back available tomorrow. I is injured, his deputy may not be in the right frame of mind. Both centre backs must be near to suspension for bookings. So signing a 33 yr old ex England centre back with extensive experience was a must.

Deputy???

D

Deleted member 2719

What else can Dunk be described as? He is the logical deputy for both El Abd and Greer.
Thought you meant Tanno he could do a job a centre back and make Upson look Sunday League.We have enough defenders all over the field wasted signing IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here