Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Matthew Upson to Albion" thread [merged]

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Upson: "I’ve heard lots of positive things about Gus and his style and the whole package here at #BHAFC. It is very exciting."

Upson: “It’s a very good opportunity for me at a time that I have not been playing. It’s a chance for me to play. #BHAFC #FLTransfer

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seems to have been around forever. Not a signing that excites me to be honest, although I wouldn't say it's a bad one as his experience could prove invaluable.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
BB-RRk6CIAAEdmh.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Great addition to the squad. Close the window now please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not a signing that excites me to be honest
It should do. We love our El Abd and El captain, but they've done well to get us this far. They are the weakest two players in our starting 11. Upson is quite a step up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It should do. We love our El Abd and El captain, but they've done well to get us this far. They are the weakest two players in our starting 11. Upson is quite a step up.

No it shouldn't, he's a CB for starters so hardly the most exciting position on the pitch, and he's knocking on a bit and currently a fringe player, albeit in the prem. But if he performs anywhere near the level Bridge has for us then he'll be a quality signing, but I'm just not very excited by it :p

To be clear, I think he'll bring a lot to the team in terms of experience and hopefully help us to stop throwing away points towards the end of games for starters.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I struggle to see why any Albion fan would be anything other than delighted with this. We've got ourselves an England international, left footed, Premier League regular centre back for nothing. We might even score from corners!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here