Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Matthew Upson to Albion" thread [merged]

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Matthew Upson

It's in the Mirror today, isn't he a bit of a sicknote?

Would take him though, wouldn't be a bad thing to have an experienced CB who's played for England and has played a decent amount of PL football!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can only strengthen the squad for the final push.

I would be pleased with that, although this does smack of "we could not get the dutch lad" similar scenario to not getting Leo earlier in the season and getting Dobbie although I rate Upson higher, still what do I know.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Can only strengthen the squad for the final push.

I would be pleased with that, although this does smack of "we could not get the dutch lad" similar scenario to not getting Leo earlier in the season and getting Dobbie although I rate Upson higher, still what do I know.

There's always a chance we will go back for Van Dijk in the summer, Upson would a decent option until then.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Then prepare for a binfest when he pulls up with a hamstring problem after the first 20 mins of his début. It's OK strolling around at the back in the prem but we're at the business end of the up and at 'em championship.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Shot down in flames when I said Upson on loan about three weeks ago.Cant believe people saying we dont want him. Would be perfect at this stage of season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Matthew Upson

Still a quality player at championship level !!! Hope this happens. More so than the Dutch guy. Upson can hit the ground running.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Re: Matthew Upson

I know he has been a capped by england but then so was micheal ricketts. Upson has always been over rated. Would rather us go for an up and coming central defender from league 1 than waste wages on him. Has never been that good and prone to mistakes. No thankyou

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here