Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do they give you a chance not to be arrested? and just go in and 'help them with their enquiries'? or is there a good reason, either for them or perhaps for you, for them to arrest you instead?

That's what I was wondering. Surely there's no need to arrest someone if they'll happily come along anyway?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For any thickets still on the other side of the fence - YES, LEGALLY THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. We get that, you boring f***ing PEDANTS.

The manner in which they did it was absolutely disgusting. This will follow *NOTALLOWEDTONAME* around for the rest of their career now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For any thickets still on the other side of the fence - YES, LEGALLY THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. We get that, you boring f***ing PEDANTS.

The manner in which they did it was absolutely disgusting. This will follow *NOTALLOWEDTONAME* around for the rest of their career now.

This summarises it very well for me. Legally fine, morally in the way they did completely disgusting. Won't be buying the Argus again until the editor changes.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Disgraceful front page from the Argus, absolutely shameful, talk about biting the hand that feeds you! If you read the legal statement on this site earlier, I think Tommy will have a good case for defamation or similar. Irrespective of Tommy`s exoneration, the nature of the headline was gutter press and totally undeserved and unnecessary. A permanent boycott from the club and the fans, of the Argus should be instigated forthwith. Accused equals charged, doesnt it? Hope they come to regret it.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
In the particular case I'm thinking of (which ultimately resulted in no charges being brought) one co-operative witness identified a number of other potential witnesses (who could corroborate the facts of the alleged case, with a view to establishing that no case existed). ALL of the names put forward by the first witness resulted in arrests.

This sounds like those other `uncooperative` witnesses may have been suspected of either obstructing police inquiries or attempting to pervert the course of justice: a reason for arrest.....
I don't know and we could argue about it til we're blue in the face because I don't know the facts of your case. Safe to say that an arrest of somebody who is no more than a witness is extremely rare in my experience

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Temper temper

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Temper temper

Great response. Well done.

Sorry, if I'm honest I'm slightly annoyed that one of our player's reputations will be forever tarnished now for no good reason whatsoever. I think that's fairly reasonable.

This sounds like those other `uncooperative` witnesses may have been suspected of either obstructing police inquiries or attempting to pervert the course of justice: a reason for arrest.....
Not so. The witnesses wanted to be co-operative.

I don't know and we could argue about it til we're blue in the face because I don't know the facts of your case.
I agree. And I'm not going to go into details.

All I will say is that the case did make the front page of the Argus, but without ever mentioning the names of any of the people who had been arrested. Hence my earlier observations about Phil Mills - who knew exactly what was going on, without feeling the need to sensationalise his coverage.

And I'll repeat the point that, even though enquiries went on for months, no-one was ever charged with anything.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Not so.

I agree. And I'm not going to go into details.

All I will say is that the case did make the front page of the Argus, but without ever mentioning the names of any of the people who had been arrested. Hence my earlier observations about Phil Mills - who knew exactly what was going on, without feeling the need to sensationalise his coverage.

Would this be the case I think it is? Happened about 8.25 years ago?

Sent from my phone cause I can

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sorry, if I'm honest I'm slightly annoyed that one of our player's reputations will be forever tarnished now for no good reason whatsoever. I think that's fairly reasonable.

I dont think it will be as so quickly nipped in bud and will be an awful lot of sympathy out there for Tommy.

Far more damage to his reputation done by what Charlie found in his bedroom on the Albion Come Dine With Me!:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here