Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think what the Argus have done is very unwise. They have rushed in to play a role they are not required to play. There was no need for investigative journalism as an investigation is already underway.

That said, I don't think they should be banned. The Argus is the Brighton paper (and Sussex paper) and we do want them promoting and covering the club. We also need a press that is free to investigate and expose when the time is right and appropriate to do so - in my view this was not one of those times.

So, at this time I don't think that they have done the city of Brighton, nor all those affected by this case (directly or indirectly) any good. They should apologise for an error of judgement.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some clot on Twitter suggested that Tommy Elphick should sue the real Andy Naylor. I'd love to know what for ...

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think what the Argus have done is very unwise. They have rushed in to play a role they are not required to play. There was no need for investigative journalism as an investigation is already underway.

That said, I don't think they should be banned. The Argus is the Brighton paper (and Sussex paper) and we do want them promoting and covering the club. We also need a press that is free to investigate and expose when the time is right and appropriate to do so - in my view this was not one of those times.

So, at this time I don't think that they have done the city of Brighton, nor all those affected by this case (directly or indirectly) any good. They should apologise for an error of judgement.

It's the way they have presented it that I object to, a photo of our lovely stadium and interspersing the names with the club logo is gratuitous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tonight South Today, named and showed photo's of the players concerned, surely this can't be right ?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sadly as I only buy the Argus about once a year, me boycotting it wouldn't be much of a gesture.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I for one hope everybody just allows the authorities to do their job, and remember that everyone involved is innocent until proven guilty. This will be the one and only post i will make on the subject until the case is over. I feel kinda numb at the moment, i feel like i imagine i would feel if a family member was in this kinda trouble :down:

I must add, a huge respect to Bozza and the rest of the NSC guys, it must of been a tough couple of days for you all, but you have done a fine job, maybe you can all relax a little now.

Well done chaps.

Right, who wants to talk about chemtrails?!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You've got to feel for the guy. I can't imagine he had ANYTHING to do with this story at all. He has been getting sustained abuse on Twitter.

I spoke to the real AN yesterday, and he was steering clear of the whole thing and wisely leaving it to the news reporters. Anyone who imagines he had anything to do with the Argus report couldn't be bothered to look at the byline on the front page.

Luckily the Albion press people are much more intelligent than those at some clubs and understand the difference between news and sports reporters, so AN shouldn't suffer. One of our, er, South Coast "rivals" has banned its local paper completely because its news reporters jumped the gun by a couple of hours - on a positive story about the club ...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Trouble is that once one outlet gives names then they all rush in. They can then say "as reported in the media" like they're saying "we're just saying what others have said."

The media are such low lifes. If one of my kids said they wanted to be a journalist then I'd suggest they'd be better off being a piano player in a whorehouse as they'd get more respect there. I'm not say all journos are bad, but the general quality of journalism in this country has fallen to such a low standard. It's all tittle tattle, sensationalism - truth is irrelevant now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tonight South Today, named and showed photo's of the players concerned, surely this can't be right ?

Yes, but at least they had the balls to say that Tommy has been cleared and had nothing to do with it

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I have just sent a respectful and polite complaint to 'editor@theargus.co.uk' detailing my personal distaste for the tone and illustration of today's article (especially given the discussions going on at the Leveson enquiry today) As I'm clearly not the only person who feels that way, I'd suggest anybody else who feels that the front page was inappropriate today does the same.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I spoke to the real AN yesterday, and he was steering clear of the whole thing and wisely leaving it to the news reporters. Anyone who imagines he had anything to do with the Argus report couldn't be bothered to look at the byline on the front page.

Luckily the Albion press people are much more intelligent than those at some clubs and understand the difference between news and sports reporters, so AN shouldn't suffer. One of our, er, South Coast "rivals" has banned its local paper completely because its news reporters jumped the gun by a couple of hours - on a positive story about the club ...

That is pleasing to know that Naylor won't suffer from this and will hopefully be able to maintain his strong relationship he currently has with the clubs management. It must be a really difficult time for him right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here