Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So with the last round of pre season games tonight and the new season right ahead of us what's everyone's hopes and expectations for their team for the season ahead?!

Really shouldn't be difficult for Falcons to improve on last seasons poor record and also win the division anything beyond that would be a bonus, looking forward to a new era under Dan Quinn.

Well with Cousins at QB I expect the Redskins to occasionally have a chance in games this season. Struggling to find any optimism though still expect a sub .500 season.

It's all ifs buts and maybes, Cousins is much better equipped to get the ball in the hands of D-Jax, Garcon and Reed (if he stays upright). Expect to see a ton of running and Matt Jones to shine if he can stay healthy at RB.

On the defensive side of the ball the line has improved but the secondary still has the capacity to be epically awful.

I'll plump for an optimistic 6-10 record.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sen'derrick Marks, Julius Thomas, Marqise Lee and Dante Fowler(season) all out injured for week 1. The Jags don't really possess a real WR with pace to cause any concern. Bortles has looked really god in preseason, hopefully he'll only take a 1/4 against the 'Skins. Expect to finish 3rd in the division, hope for 2nd though...
Anything less than 6-10 and Bradley could be gone.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brady wins.....what a surprise. That said Goodell played this absolutely woefully. Still the upside is that Cowboys do not avoid Brady in week 4, so every cloud etc etc

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This just became a very personal affair between Goodell and the Pats. Not sure the judge liked Goodell being Judge, Jury and executioner.

Will be interesting if they appeal and if they go for other teams that have mucked around with the game balls.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This just became a very personal affair between Goodell and the Pats. Not sure the judge liked Goodell being Judge, Jury and executioner.

Will be interesting if they appeal and if they go for other teams that have mucked around with the game balls.

I agree with that. Goodall hearing the appeal (even though the idiots at the NFLPA gave him the power in the CBA) was unlikely to withstand independent scrutiny. Whilst I am pretty sure Brady was guilty of deflating the balls and covering it up, the four game penalty seemed OTT especially as the Pats had been fined and docked a draft pick.

No-one comes out of this looking good, least of all Goodell. Still at least the NFL circus is now headed to New York and Foxboro and away from Washington at last!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Im a Giants fan, expectations is to not finish 4th in the division!

what are peoples preferred way of watching NFL this year, I am contemplating getting Gamepass, does anyone use this with a VPN to avoid the blackouts? I cannot justify £30+ a month for SSports on Virgin Media, will get to watch college stuff though!
Gamepass is decent and to be honest the blackouts are only 24 hours

Sky sports, BT and Gamepass for me, roll on tonight and then more importantly next week

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Any college experts care to tell me who next season's first overall pick will be? It's just I'd like to know in advance who will be joining my team for 2016. Thanks.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NFL have announced they will appeal the decision - they could end up making even bigger fools of themselves as the Judge today has already ruled that Brady was treated unfairly during the disciplinary procedure and questioned the NFL's authority to impose the suspension. This could run and run

Jul 7, 2003
what are peoples preferred way of watching NFL this year, I am contemplating getting Gamepass, does anyone use this with a VPN to avoid the blackouts? I cannot justify £30+ a month for SSports on Virgin Media, will get to watch college stuff though!

I did try the dodgy streams a few years ago but these were so unreliable and frustrating that I gave up and went with GamePass. It was a bit hit a miss for a couple years but they seem to have got their act together now.

I have Sky already so, as a Broncos fan, I no longer get the annual GamePass. With the combination of TNF, SNF and MNF games plus being on the 'West' side there are more chances of being shown live, it just isn't worth it as over half our games will be on Sky. With Redzone available as well I think I only needed to buy three or four individual games last season.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Alright lads, there is one more space available in the NSC fantasy Football league, we have a group of 16 that started last year, 4 dropped out and we had 3 on a waiting list so there is an opening for anyone who wants it, let me know and I'll send you an invite all I need is your email! We draft Monday so let me know asap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here