Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Another brawl y'day with the Cowboys and Rams, not known anything like it!

Falcons got a win against the titans, 1st quarter was mainly the starting line up offensively and defensively were likely to see starting against the Eagles for the first game and wow 17-0 after first quarter and plenty of positives, rest of the game was a lot more experimental and in the end we just about held on. Early days but their is a real buzz Dan Quinn and is bringing to this team, really think we will top the division and make playoffs (not that difficult for our division I know!) we have the jets next

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Another brawl y'day with the Cowboys and Rams, not known anything like it!

Falcons got a win against the titans, 1st quarter was mainly the starting line up offensively and defensively were likely to see starting against the Eagles for the first game and wow 17-0 after first quarter and plenty of positives, rest of the game was a lot more experimental and in the end we just about held on. Early days but their is a real buzz Dan Quinn and is bringing to this team, really think we will top the division and make playoffs (not that difficult for our division I know!) we have the jets next

Happens every off season when two teams train together, I think its encouraged so the players can let off steam and bond at the same time.

Its only a bit of pushing and shoving anyway.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Ah I did not know this, I don't usually follow the off season as much as I have done this year, didn't realise it actually happened quite a bit!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Brady is the ultimate shyster. If he was accused of murder he would be my leading suspect if other indications pointed in his direction.

The court case is set for today. Brady seems to be digging his heels in and refusing to come to some sort of compromise deal - I suppose if he considers himself to be innocent (and there is little compelling evidence) you can't blame him for that, but he is starting to look a bit like a spoilt superstar who is wasting court time that could be spent on more deserving cases than "Deflategate"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Brady is guilty!

But of what? Do balls get let down a fraction in cold weather to aid grip? Yeah possibly, just as WRs used to put stickum on their gloves when they thought they could get away with it. But something about the "case" doesn't quite smell right to me.

Whether it's the Commissioner getting hacked off about the destroyed mobile phone, or whether he's sick of the Patriots always pushing the boundaries, or whether post-Rice he felt he needed to come down HARD on someone, and if you do it, you may as well do it to a high profile figure or people don't notice.

Fine for the Patriots, punish them with loss of draft pick(s), but it didn't seem to me that there was anything to suggest that Brady instigated this, rather than the Head Coach, or the OC, or the flippin' QBs coach. Singling out Brady for a suspension is the bit that doesn't quite sit right for me, as I've heard or read nothing that shows this came from him.

The mobile phone business is seriously dumb, but you know what, I reckon that is far more likely to be an affair than deflating footballs. If this is as common as is being suggested in the Patriots locker-room, then it is not a TEXT from Brady to an equipment guy to do this, it's a nod, a wink, or simply done because it's cold outside. And even if it was a text, that's one or two to delete, end of. But if it's full of texts, pictures, and whatsapp messages to and from some tricky little cheerleader, then man, he's not giving that phone up. Have you seen the missus he'd be set to lose.

For my money, the control of this needs to change, the officials should be inflating the balls, and checking the balls, and certainly be allowed to check them during the game, and maybe a sample afterwards. Maybe we'll learn how they change during a game in cold weather, maybe we'll have "new balls" per half in cold weather.

As for the Pats, a fine and draft pick(s), yeah. Singling out an individual player seemed wrong to me somehow.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Brady is the ultimate shyster. If he was accused of murder he would be my leading suspect if other indications pointed in his direction.

Now that the real stories have come out the only ones looking like the complete shysters are Goodell and his bunch of arseclowns.

If he was accused of murder and the evidence presented to a judge was of the low and contrived crap the NFL presented he'd have his case thrown out in short time.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The court case is set for today. Brady seems to be digging his heels in and refusing to come to some sort of compromise deal - I suppose if he considers himself to be innocent (and there is little compelling evidence) you can't blame him for that, but he is starting to look a bit like a spoilt superstar who is wasting court time that could be spent on more deserving cases than "Deflategate"

He's looking like an innocent man trying to clear his name. Given the Judges lines of questioning and his tone it seems he sees a great deal wrong with how Brady has been treated and how the NFL has conducted itself. Are you saying he should justtake the punishment and let it be?

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
True! was just browsing through the scores and saw their 25-0 up after 1 qtr! And have looked hot so far in pre season. Falcons reserves and back ups not showing a lot against Dolphins atm

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
True! was just browsing through the scores and saw their 25-0 up after 1 qtr! And have looked hot so far in pre season. Falcons reserves and back ups not showing a lot against Dolphins atm

Indeed. I just feel sorry for my daughter so far. She's driven 2 days to be at the Packers game tonight. It's the 3rd time she's seen them, and they lost the first two. Not many people see the Pack lose three in a row.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Honours go to the Jets in the New York preseason derby, beat the Giants 28 -18

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
So with the last round of pre season games tonight and the new season right ahead of us what's everyone's hopes and expectations for their team for the season ahead?!

Really shouldn't be difficult for Falcons to improve on last seasons poor record and also win the division anything beyond that would be a bonus, looking forward to a new era under Dan Quinn.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
NCAA College Football starts tonight for those interested. You'll need BT Sport/ ESPN to watch it.

Tonight its North Carolina @ South Carolina followed by TCU @ Minnesota

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
So with the last round of pre season games tonight and the new season right ahead of us what's everyone's hopes and expectations for their team for the season ahead?!

Really shouldn't be difficult for Falcons to improve on last seasons poor record and also win the division anything beyond that would be a bonus, looking forward to a new era under Dan Quinn.

Im a Giants fan, expectations is to not finish 4th in the division!

what are peoples preferred way of watching NFL this year, I am contemplating getting Gamepass, does anyone use this with a VPN to avoid the blackouts? I cannot justify £30+ a month for SSports on Virgin Media, will get to watch college stuff though!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cricfree steams every game I usually watch Falcons games via that if their not on sky sports, if a non Falcons game then sky sports and watch red zone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here