Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Packers v Panthers will be on Pick TV, Sunday afternoon.

Need Rodgers and co to put a lose to panthers name start bringing them back towards us!

49ers for us Sunday, if we can sort out the stupidly high amount of redzone turnovers and penalty flags we should win and comfortably!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Need Rodgers and co to put a lose to panthers name start bringing them back towards us!

49ers for us Sunday, if we can sort out the stupidly high amount of redzone turnovers and penalty flags we should win and comfortably!
Gabbert is starting for the 49ers...lol

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Green Bay getting a bit of a beating from the Panthers at the moment. Can't see anyone but the Patriots winning the Superbowl, to be honest.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We had the opportunity to beat the Jets, but Bortles thought better of it and threw an interception. Cracking stuff. It's difficult to get excited about being 2-6 but we've been competitive in all but 1 game in which we got blown out by the Patriots (17-52) which is no surprise. With the Colts now finding their feet and Mularkey taking over at the Tacks we're probably nailed on for last place in the weakest division :(

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Thought last week losing to a awful bucs side would be the lowest point of the season, but last nights performance to a terrible, banged up 49ers side was to painful for words. We have gone from been a strong 5-0 team to now 6-3 and heading in the wrong direction quickly!! Bye week for us now to try and get it together and rediscover some form!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Football is coming under increasing scrutiny in the States for its link with CTE, Alzheimer’s and other brain injuries.

An article in the New York Times is even questioning if its popularity could be fading. I can’t see that happening as there is just too much money at stake, but I think there could be changes to make it a safer game for players. I have friends who do not allow their kids to play at school and get them to play other games they feel are safer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Football is coming under increasing scrutiny in the States for its link with CTE, Alzheimer’s and other brain injuries.

An article in the New York Times is even questioning if its popularity could be fading. I can’t see that happening as there is just too much money at stake, but I think there could be changes to make it a safer game for players. I have friends who do not allow their kids to play at school and get them to play other games they feel are safer.

US Soccer has also just banned heading (in all official training sessions and games) for all players aged 10 and under, and restricted heading for players aged 11 through 13 - No more heading: US Soccer unveils new concussion protocol for youth soccer

I have to applaud Taylor Twellman for his outspoken criticism of the football (soccer) authorities on this matter; I thought his comments during ABC's coverage of the World Cup last year were spot on and put FIFA to shame for their totally inadequate protocols for dealing with concussions during matches.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Much as I dislike Rex Ryan have to give him kudos for coming back to his old stomping ground at the Meadowlands and beating the Jets 22-17. It was clearly a big deal for him, if the Bills hadn’t won tonight they were really out of the race. Jets looked very mediocre, they did have a chance at the end but Darrelle Revis choked big time.

How does Phil Simms keep his job with CBS? – has to be one of the worst commentators going. And what’s with those stupid new NFL ‘Color rush’ jerseys worn by the Jets and the Bills – looked horrible compared to their traditional strips. Also there have been a lot of complaints from colour blind viewers – as red / green colour blindness is the most common.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Squish the fish

go eagles

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much as I dislike Rex Ryan have to give him kudos for coming back to his old stomping ground at the Meadowlands and beating the Jets 22-17. It was clearly a big deal for him, if the Bills hadn’t won tonight they were really out of the race. Jets looked very mediocre, they did have a chance at the end but Darrelle Revis choked big time.

How does Phil Simms keep his job with CBS? – has to be one of the worst commentators going. And what’s with those stupid new NFL ‘Color rush’ jerseys worn by the Jets and the Bills – looked horrible compared to their traditional strips. Also there have been a lot of complaints from colour blind viewers – as red / green colour blindness is the most common.
Colorblind fans struggle to watch 'Color Rush' game
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578919/article/color-blind-fans-struggle-with-jetsbills

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Totally agree about Simms - seems to climb up players butts as soon as they do anything good on the field, but never has anything really insightful to say imo.
Not convinced by the new "Colour Rush" uniforms as a whole - but I reckon the Jets jerseys & helmets were an improvement on what they wear normally. Loved the metallic Kelly Green logos and face cage.
Don't mind the look of the Titans one for next week (its not really that different to what they have worn in the past tbh) but the Jaguars have been dealt a right turkey with their Gold/Mustard combination. The others they are doing for Carolina, Dallas, Tampa & St Louis don't look too bad though tbh...

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl/...sh%26usg%3DAFQjCNEA5L5b1dxIDtpWiTb5XD5MAFw31g

Select the US as your location to see the small vid & pictures....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The disappointing thing about the Jags new 'Colour Rush' uni's is that they had an opportunity to do something with that disgraceful two tone helmet, but no, gold jersey,pants and cleats but the same old shithouse helmet :(

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Went to Wembley to see the Bills. Gutted after coming back that they still managed to lose the game in the time-honoured Bills manner, but with Watkins, Taylor, Williams and all their other players coming back from injury, especially in the OL, they look like they may still make a run at a Wild Card spot. It's about bloody time, FFS.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What is this "Color Rush" thing anyway? :shrug:

The cynic in me wants to suggest it's just a marketing thing, but does the NFL really need more money? The new jerseys are $149 a pop. I think I read it was a way of upping the interest and excitement of TNF :shrug:
It's a bit disappointing that the Jags have gone for gold rather than the traditional teal, though Kahn seems to be fading that out in favour of black and gold.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The cynic in me wants to suggest it's just a marketing thing, but does the NFL really need more money? The new jerseys are $149 a pop. I think I read it was a way of upping the interest and excitement of TNF :shrug:
It's a bit disappointing that the Jags have gone for gold rather than the traditional teal, though Kahn seems to be fading that out in favour of black and gold.

I wouldn't worry, they'll have something totally different when he moves them to London permanently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here