The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wouldn't worry, they'll have something totally different when he moves them to London permanently

Boooooooooooooooooooom!!!!! Narrowest of narrow flukey undeserved fortuitous victories, but hey, I'll take it. That's the first time we've won on the road since Bortles arrived :mad:

Re: The Jags moving to London, do you believe that's something that will happen? Kahn is spending a lot of dollar renovating the entire area surrounding EverBank, amphitheater, training ground etc as wel as developing the stadium?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Hope they stick in Jacksonville.

What does the C with four stars mean on some shirts?

Jul 7, 2003
So, Peyton gets the yardage record but not without throwing yet another interception first. Part of me wants him to pick up a minor injury just so we can see how Osweiler looks in a real game situation.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Boooooooooooooooooooom!!!!! Narrowest of narrow flukey undeserved fortuitous victories, but hey, I'll take it. That's the first time we've won on the road since Bortles arrived :mad:

Re: The Jags moving to London, do you believe that's something that will happen? Kahn is spending a lot of dollar renovating the entire area surrounding EverBank, amphitheater, training ground etc as wel as developing the stadium?

It appears to be the end game for the NFL, if not the Jags then who?

Can't see a brand new franchise moving here.

With them signing through 2020 to play here plus the owner already with his mits in Fulham you have to assume the long term plan is to move them to London.

Personally I hope it doesn't happen, we have our teams so can't see where the support would come from.

I've followed the Bengals since 1983, no way I'm changing my allegiances.

Jul 7, 2003

With them signing through 2020 to play here plus the owner already with his mits in Fulham you have to assume the long term plan is to move them to London.

Personally I hope it doesn't happen, we have our teams so can't see where the support would come from.

Khan has said on several occasions that the London games help cover the costs of staying in Jax and of the expansions he has put in. He has no plans to move the Jags to London or anywhere else - he quickly distanced himself from the latest LA advances.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Dallas blow it again this year, season done just hoping for an exciting rest of season throughout the league and a good set of play off games.

Would love to see a team here, got to say I have a soft spot for the Jags now which is down to the UK connection I think. Although yes we do have our teams if a team moved here (other than the Giants Skins or Iggles) I would get a season ticket and support them

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Khan has said on several occasions that the London games help cover the costs of staying in Jax and of the expansions he has put in. He has no plans to move the Jags to London or anywhere else - he quickly distanced himself from the latest LA advances.

Lots of people say lots of things. The NFL goal is to have a team in London, if not the Jags then who?

There is no market in L.A, that's why no team has gone there. It's still used as a bargaining tool though by owners who want new or upgraded stadia in their current locations.

L.A is a college town, USC mainly and UCLA and pro basketball.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Dallas blow it again this year, season done just hoping for an exciting rest of season throughout the league and a good set of play off games.

Would love to see a team here, got to say I have a soft spot for the Jags now which is down to the UK connection I think. Although yes we do have our teams if a team moved here (other than the Giants Skins or Iggles) I would get a season ticket and support them

I too do now also have a little soft spot for the jags now with British connection, would probs see a couple of games if they moved here, but the Falcons would always be my first team!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm the other way, I find the Jags personally to be the most irrelevant team in the NFL. I don't hate them, I just don't care. I forget they even exist most of the time, then again the AFC South is also my least favourite division.

I really don't want a team here, I suppose my original attraction to the sport in the 80's was the American-ish (is that a word) of it all.

I suppose it's a bit like if I listen to Country music, I want it to be from Nashvill not Newhaven.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Peyton Manning breaks the all time yardage record. Then gets benched having thrown for 35 yards, 0 TDs and 4 interceptions.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Peyton Manning breaks the all time yardage record. Then gets benched having thrown for 35 yards, 0 TDs and 4 interceptions.

It is a funny old game, no reason to keep him in today and better to keep him fit for the next game when he is playing so poorly. Its a funny old year for the Broncos they have a good record so far but Manning himself has an appaling TD to INT ratio, if they were 4-4 before today and this happened I think we would have seen the last of him

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It is a funny old game, no reason to keep him in today and better to keep him fit for the next game when he is playing so poorly. Its a funny old year for the Broncos they have a good record so far but Manning himself has an appaling TD to INT ratio, if they were 4-4 before today and this happened I think we would have seen the last of him
It's strange that probably the biggest weakness on the team is Peyton Manning. I know he's been in decline but today must be utterly humiliating.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
It's strange that probably the biggest weakness on the team is Peyton Manning. I know he's been in decline but today must be utterly humiliating.

Not the first time this season he has played like this though, they only beat the browns the other week as they were so poor. He is now 9-17 for the season nearly 0.5 TD INT

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Not the first time this season he has played like this though, they only beat the browns the other week as they were so poor. He is now 9-17 for the season nearly 0.5 TD INT
Osweiler doesn't look great to me either. I can't see them doing anything in the playoffs.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Massive win for the Cardinals in Seattle. Virtually silenced the crowd by building up a 19-0 lead, but then looked to have blown it when the Seahawks came back to lead by 29-25 early in the fourth. But great character from Palmer as he drove the team down the field to re-take the lead, and then a great call on third-and-four gave Ellington a 48-yard rushing TD.

Cardinals still have a tough schedule (starting with the Bengals on Sunday Night Football again next week, who will probably be 9-0), but they are now very much in the driving seat in the NFC West.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly, the Channel 4 coverage was what got me in to it in the 80s because it was so different to UK sport. My first season was when the Bears won the Superbowl with that team that included Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and the Fridge. It might have been glory hunting to follow them then but it certainly hasn't been for the last few seasons. I'm not going to ditch them for a UK franchise, particularly after some of the stuff I've written about MK Dons fans :lol:

Talking of which another win for us. 4-5 now is too late to trouble post season but it's more than I thought we'd do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports