Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Everyone seen this epic ending in the 'canes Duke game last night.

Duke can feel quite aggrieved about that, fair play to the Canes for going for it but their RB was definitely taken down whilst in possession. Brilliant to watch though, especially the reaction of the guy in the suit and rucksack running along and around the end zone, he's losing his junk :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine the initial damage an excellent rugby coach could do in this sport.

There's a hell of a tackle by 86? on the far side, that sets up the final stage.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
e82e5534025266a9a25d75970dc28ccc.jpg

Let's go Falcons!!

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Duke can feel quite aggrieved about that, fair play to the Canes for going for it but their RB was definitely taken down whilst in possession. Brilliant to watch though, especially the reaction of the guy in the suit and rucksack running along and around the end zone, he's losing his junk :lol:

Looked like it. The ACC has suspended the entire officiating crew and replay official for the following reasons!

The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game.

The on-field officials erred by failing to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.

A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.

In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It's very possible. The Lions are 1-6 after finishing 11-5 last season, that's a huge fall from grace. Who else have they lost other than Suh?

I think they lost Nick Fairley, so to be fair they lost another useful defensive lineman. But even so, they were absolutely embarrassing to watch today. Stafford looked awful, but his offensive line were basically waving the Chiefs through to hit him.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
San Francisco leading St Louis 3-2 in the second quarter Sounds like a classic!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Rams hitting their stride now, or at least Todd Gurley is.

Only a very astute person would have picked him for their fantasy team, despite his being injured at the time. He's so good that you can forget to pick a kicker and still be in with a chance!

I wonder how long Gurley can keep this level of performance up.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Only a very astute person would have picked him for their fantasy team, despite his being injured at the time. He's so good that you can forget to pick a kicker and still be in with a chance!

I wonder how long Gurley can keep this level of performance up.

From what I've seen of him, Gurley looks the real deal, only injury will stop him being an elite running back for years to come. Slowly but surely the Rams are building a serious team, the defence is one of the best, they just need an ariel threat to go with Gurley.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
From what I've seen of him, Gurley looks the real deal, only injury will stop him being an elite running back for years to come. Slowly but surely the Rams are building a serious team, the defence is one of the best, they just need an ariel threat to go with Gurley.

From what I've seen I agree that he's the real deal. I just think there might be a temptation to run him into the ground, particularly if - as seems to be the case at the moment - he's pretty much their entire offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here