Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Homophobia and racism appear to have died in NSC - and good riddance - but sexism appears to be alive and well. FFS.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Homophobia and racism appear to have died in NSC - and good riddance - but sexism appears to be alive and well. FFS.

Yep - maybe I should have asked for a f***ing mop and bucket and offered to clean the concourse for the little shit!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I wasn't being sexist. It's post-modernist humour slanted towards absurdism and in a way serves to act as a feminist statement.

The comparison is clearly nonsensical (although I did really witness it) to anyone but the dimmest reader and as such should be taken as it is but on another level it pokes fun at male stereotyping of gender attitudes to episodes of stress and coping mechanisms thereof. The fact that the wider audience in NSC hasn't recognised this says more about them than my struggle to rid NSC of this entrenched patriarchy.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Ain't that the truth. Bloke spills his drink over her, offers to buy her one to say sorry and she tells him to poke it up his arse! No pleasing some people is there!

Guess she's run out of batteries or Liverpool are at home this weekend?!?

I didn't tell him to poke it up his arse - I will next time I see him though now x

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I wasn't being sexist. It's post-modernist humour slanted towards absurdism and in a way serves to act as a feminist statement.

The comparison is clearly nonsensical (although I did really witness it) to anyone but the dimmest reader and as such should be taken as it is but on another level it pokes fun at male stereotyping of gender attitudes to episodes of stress and coping mechanisms thereof. The fact that the wider audience in NSC hasn't recognised this says more about them than my struggle to rid NSC of this entrenched patriarchy.

Here here!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I didn't tell him to poke it up his arse - I will next time I see him though now x

Seriously though what more could he have done?

It's all very well saying not do it in the first place but boys will be boys especially on Friday night. If you choose to sit in the most boisterous part of the ground you've got to accept that there will be a bit of boisterousness.

Also I hate to be the barer of bad news but the next home game gives everyone an additional 2.5 hours drinking time.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Seriously though what more could he have done?

It's all very well saying not do it in the first place but boys will be boys especially on Friday night. If you choose to sit in the most boisterous part of the ground you've got to accept that there will be a bit of boisterousness.

Also I hate to be the barer of bad news but the next home game gives everyone an additional 2.5 hours drinking time.

Yep - sorry it was obviously my fault for being there - I should have been at home cooking and cleaning and looking after the kids eh?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yep - sorry it was obviously my fault for being there - I should have been at home cooking and cleaning and looking after the kids eh?

Well it does beg the question if you knew these lads were knobheads why you went and stood right next to them when you had the whole of the concourse to choose from?

Also if you don't like that sort of behaviour then why not go and sit in the family stand?

Bless.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Well it does beg the question if you knew these lads were knobheads why you went and stood right next to them when you had the whole of the concourse to choose from?

Also if you don't like that sort of behaviour then why not go and sit in the family stand?

I was getting some milk for a coffee that my son had bought me back but forgot to pick up milk - I didn't choose to stand next to them!

I don't want to sit in the family stand as I prefer the atmosphere in the North and that is where my son and bro are - a slop of beer? really I couldn't give a toss - but it wasn't a slop it was a whole pint of beer - and it was their billy big balls attitude that annoyed me even more than the beer spilling incident.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Care to fight racism with some similar post-modernist ironic humour? Thought not.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
There was an Englishman an
Irishman and a Scotsman.....

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman were sitting in a bar, drinking, and discussing how stupid their wives were. The Englishman says, "I tell you, my wife is so stupid. Last week she went to the supermarket and bought £250 worth of meat because it was on sale, and we don't even have a fridge to keep it in." The Scotsman agrees that she sounds pretty thick, but says his wife is thicker. "Just last week, she went out and spent £17,000 on a new car," he laments, "and she doesn't even know how to drive!" The Irishman nods sagely, and agrees that these two woman sound like they both walked through the stupid forest and got hit by every branch. However, he still thinks his wife is dumber. "Ah, it kills me every toime oi tink of it," he chuckles. "Moy woife just left to go on a holiday in Greece. Oy watched her packing her bag, and she must have put about 100 condoms in there. And she doesn't even have a penis!"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I did shoot him the death stare last night - the kid said - Ooo sorry love - ill get you a drink to say sorry - I think I said - 'what so you can throw that all over me too? No thanks!!!'

To be fair though tho eh, sounds like the lad tried to apologise. Hope you said the highlighted bit in an exaggerated comedy banter manner and laughed it off and moved on. Tremendous comeback line! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here