Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Leek Town 3 Bootle 2 who threw away a two goal lead on 55 minutes in front of 503 (?) The Blues sit second in the league behind Macclesfield FC.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sub zero temperatures in that part of the country for most of the week has made the snowfall on the pitch solid, plus the access roads etc. are also frozen.
Quite a few games in Kent off tomorrow by the looks of it.
Probably end up at Horsham v Canvey tomorrow myself.
Strange that our game at Folkestone went ahead, without as far as I know a pitch inspection.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Huge win for Dean Cox’s lancing with a 96th minute winner. Had a couple of players who I believe are dual registered with Worthing Mo Jammeh and Ollie Starkey (brother of Jesse) who looked a class above. Exciting football. Dean Cox also looks like he’s hired only people that are either the same height or smaller to be on his coaching team. Hinshelwood watching as well.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Senior Cup tie at the Polegrove tonight between Bexhill United and Eastbourne Town has been postponed due to Town being unable to field a team .
Hope it is nothing more than a bug going around at the Saffrons

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ignore me

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Without wanting to be a know it all knob, its actually now Forest Green Rovers
Do you have a source for that?
I'm only curious because this came up in conversation with a friend of mine the other day (when I was slagging off the beer options at the Hawthorns).
The altitude I can find quoted for the New Lawn is 509', a bit lower than the Hawthorns at 551'.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Do you have a source for that?
I'm only curious because this came up in conversation with a friend of mine the other day (when I was slagging off the beer options at the Hawthorns).
The altitude I can find quoted for the New Lawn is 509', a bit lower than the Hawthorns at 551'.
I don’t have a source no, I was told it by someone who usually is pretty spot on took it as gospel, maybe he was wrong

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Missed the Albion game on Prime , instead enjoyed a thrilling encounter at the Pilot field where Hastings United were worthy winners over Lewes , 2-1 .
The home side were magnificent , particularly in the 2nd half although Lewes should have equalized in added on time .
Attendance 1677 , excellent particularly when considering no train transport from Lewes

Attachments

• hl.JPG
    hl.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 35

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Missed the Albion game on Prime , instead enjoyed a thrilling encounter at the Pilot field where Hastings United were worthy winners over Lewes , 2-1 .
The home side were magnificent , particularly in the 2nd half although Lewes should have equalized in added on time .
Attendance 1677 , excellent particularly when considering no train transport from Lewes
Hastings, a working class town with a love of the working class game, (which it still is at non-league level).

So good to see.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Saw 2 games today and witnessed 13 goals.

11am kick off at Mile Oak with Shoreham comfortably easing to a 5.1 win to continue their unbeaten run.

Then 3pm at Woodside Road for Worthing v Hampton & Richmond. After 18 seconds Worthing were 1 up, after 6 minutes Hampton lead 2.1.

Worthing turned it around in the 2nd half to lead 3.2, Hampton levelled on 81 minutes from the penalty spot before Ollie Pearce made it 4.3 in the 89th minute

Off to Montpelier v Worthing United and Horsham YMCA v Roffey tomorrow.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Missed the last 10 minutes of Leiston v Needham Mkt yesterday so I was able to get back for Albions kick off. Scrappy local Derby which as evenly poised at 1-1 when I left, got home and checked the result to find we'd scored a 96th min winner scored by ex Needham man Ben Fowkes. The win keeps us in 3rd 4 points behind leaders Tamworth with 2 games in hand .

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Newton Aycliffe 3 2 Bishop Auckland ground 331 . Bishop 2 up on 55 mins top of the league somehow blew it . Att 439 on a heavy pitch . Great game well played all those involved . Walked 1.5 mile to a pub after ,my bad an estate pub . Rotweiller dog greeted me at the door ,it wasn't letting me past . Spennymoor v Blyth NYD

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newhaven 3 - Peacehaven 2
Boxing Day morning, not a bad game with Peacehaven taking the lead because of an error by the Newhaven defence.
Close game and looking like a draw until Newhaven scored the winner in the 79th minute.

Well that should have put a smile back on your face after the draw with Horsham YMCA with the "cheating" referee.

Talking of YMCA, all we had to do, or so we thought, was turn up to beat rock bottom Roffey and achieve a clean sheat last night. However it didn't work out anything like as planned.

With several new players in their line up Roffey were transformed, 1-0 up at half time, and it took a determined effort to force a 1-1 draw by the final whistle. For what it's worth the referee was almost as bad!

By the way, it was good to meet you JackAlbion.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well that should have put a smile back on your face after the draw with Horsham YMCA with the "cheating" referee.

Talking of YMCA, all we had to do, or so we thought, was turn up to beat rock bottom Roffey and achieve a clean sheat last night. However it didn't work out anything like as planned.

With several new players in their line up Roffey were transformed, 1-0 up at half time, and it took a determined effort to force a 1-1 draw by the final whistle. For what it's worth the referee was almost as bad!

By the way, it was good to meet you JackAlbion.
Likewise good to meet you as well, wasn't quite the mauling that I expected, Roffey looked much much better.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here