Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
That isn't right, is it?

It is the FA themselves who refer to Step 7 in the article I posted in #1,254. Based upon the FA document linked in post #1,250, step 1 is the National League and step 6 is Division One of the Southern Combination Football League.
That has always been my understanding, if I’m explaining Peacehaven’s position to someone who doesn’t follow non league I’ll sometimes use “level nine” (or if it’s a Turkish waiter questioning my polo shirt it’ll be “Division 9”)
However I call it Step 5

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Eastbourne Borough have sacked manager Danny Bloor.

Their announcement includes this:-

AIManager.jpg

WTF?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
If anyone didn't know, Eastbourne Borough have just been taken over by a wealthy benefactor called Simon Leslie. He intends to get them up so I imagine this is just the first step.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If anyone didn't know, Eastbourne Borough have just been taken over by a wealthy benefactor called Simon Leslie. He intends to get them up so I imagine this is just the first step.
Hmmm forgive me, l hope he succeeds, and call me a kill joy if you will, but l have seen this sort of thin g so often in the past where non-league clubs are concerned, and on all too many occasions it all ends in tears.

A not diisimilar scenario befell my home town club Staines Town just a few years ago, taken over by a wealthy individual promising the fans the earth, and in no time at all the club went out of business.

There is plenty about the shenanigans that went on at Wheatsheaf Park online, it's well worth a read.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well at Gorings Mead we are all getting ready to go again, two home friendlies are first up for Horsham YMCA, next Tuesday 4th July we entertain East Grinstead Town, 7.30 pm kick-off, and then on Saturday the 8th, Beckenham Town are our visitors at 3.00 pm.

If anyone fancies coming down, even for a drink in the clubhouse, all are welcome.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
New 2023/24 thread to avoid confusion

Although I will have confused things as it places this one at the top.

Every year...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here