Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The deadline to meet the required grading is 31st March so more than a couple of weeks.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The deadline to meet the required grading is 31st March so more than a couple of weeks.
From what I understand the council approved the floodlights third week of April which was the last box they needed ticking and the FA had hinted they would extend the deadline if they could guarantee the work would be finished before the start of the season but have now gone back on that.

Shame as they won the league by a country mile.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worthing v Bognor SSC Final live on Sussex County FA YouTube channel.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worthing v Bognor SSC Final live on Sussex County FA YouTube channel.
The boy is there. I’ve watched a bit on YouTube as was working in The City today and back late.

I like the fact the teams have been abbreviated in the scores to “WOR BOG” which means “our toilet” in Geordie.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Gem of a tick today . Island lge Division 1 . West Wight 0 Bembridge 3 att 65 . £2 entry ,tea and coffee ,cans and bottles. Picturesque ground 10 mins walk from Freshwater. Cover and floodlights . Ground 337 . Visited the lovely Red Lion in Freshwater, the £6.95 for a beer not so lovely . End of season? Well if I can get reasonable flights I'll possibly Airdrieonians 2 legs in the play offs .

Attachments

• 20230513_134329.jpg
    20230513_134329.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230513_120509.jpg
    20230513_120509.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230513_150536.jpg
    20230513_150536.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Razz > Maidstone. Gutted we won't see him again next year; he was so dangerous when he returned this season. Superb player.

Also farewell to Salmon & RMW... With Champo retiring as well that's a fair bit of replacing that needs to happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Gem of a tick today . Island lge Division 1 . West Wight 0 Bembridge 3 att 65 . £2 entry ,tea and coffee ,cans and bottles. Picturesque ground 10 mins walk from Freshwater. Cover and floodlights . Ground 337 . Visited the lovely Red Lion in Freshwater, the £6.95 for a beer not so lovely . End of season? Well if I can get reasonable flights I'll possibly Airdrieonians 2 legs in the play offs .
Looks like it should be a cricket ground.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My life is complete...

1.png

The FA are introducing points deductions for teams from next season if their players/coaches commit repeated offences of serious misconduct. This will apply to clubs from Step 7 and below - is that the second division of the Southern Combination Football League?
][/HEADING]
Step 7 should be the top division of the Isthmian, Southern and Northern Premier Leagues. Why some parts of the media insist on confusing things by pretending the PL and EFL aren't part of the English pyramid system is beyond me.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Step 7 should be the top division of the Isthmian, Southern and Northern Premier Leagues. Why some parts of the media insist on confusing things by pretending the PL and EFL aren't part of the English pyramid system is beyond me.
That isn't right, is it?

It is the FA themselves who refer to Step 7 in the article I posted in #1,254. Based upon the FA document linked in post #1,250, step 1 is the National League and step 6 is Division One of the Southern Combination Football League.

That isn't right, is it?

It is the FA themselves who refer to Step 7 in the article I posted in #1,254. Based upon the FA document linked in post #1,250, step 1 is the National League and step 6 is Division One of the Southern Combination Football League.
I wasn't sure where the FA started numbering the steps. If they're saying the fifth step should be called Step One then the same criticism applies to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here