[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
it's apparently around 4,000 but I've been in crowds of about 2,200 and it was absolutely rammed. I reckon 2,500 is realistically the limit of what it can actually accommodate
2,678 there last night - with room for more!

Great result for Worthing. The North West corner looked superb with the Away Boys Fanatics in the second half.

Edited to correct corner of Woodside Road!

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Great result for Worthing. The South West corner looked superb with the Away Boys Fanatics in the second half.

yes I was surprised at how much space there was. So maybe the true capacity is nearer the 4000 mark!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Great result for Worthing. The South West corner looked superb with the Away Boys Fanatics in the second half.
Was it not the North West corner?

Capture.JPG

Semi-Final ticket secured. Oxford City segregating the game up there and from what I've heard, giving us an allocation around the 450 mark. A chance we'll sell that out which will be amazing. Would urge anyone considering going to get their ticket sorted asap to be safe.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Great 2nd half last night after a very scrappy first. Great crowd too, and despite what people are saying there really was plenty more room behind the west goal. Also, on the north terrace, it was busy, but again, room for a fair few more. In the first half we were at the 'wrong end' and there was plenty of space, in the second half when loads moved down to what became the 'right end' we never felt overcrowded.
did fans change ends at HT? I could her on the radio announcements to not do this because of congestion. Many away fans?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
did fans change ends at HT? I could her on the radio announcements to not do this because of congestion. Many away fans?
Most of the ABF did, and many others too, it was a lot more filled up in the 2nd half, down the north side where we were, also behind the goal and on the south side. Reckon there were around 100 away fans maybe a few more?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Semi-Final ticket secured. Oxford City segregating the game up there and from what I've heard, giving us an allocation around the 450 mark. A chance we'll sell that out which will be amazing. Would urge anyone considering going to get their ticket sorted asap to be safe.
Sadly have other plans on Sunday but will be listening in on Rebel Yell.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anyone recall Goldstone north stand when Worthing fans would gather one side and Eastbourners the other and charge each other sometimes? I wonder how many Albion fans are from Worthing area? Is there a study anywhere that's been published how many Albion's fans are in each town area? I seem to recall long way back we had lots of fans in Horsham area. When I travel to Falmer from LA there are certainly far more BHA thank Port5cumouthy fans if we ever play at home on same day.
I’m from Worthing and so is my wife

Sadly have other plans on Sunday but will be listening in on Rebel Yell.
Should be a really tough game. As I said to you and @Hotchilidog yesterday before the game (giving away who I am on here, if I hadn't done so already 😂), of the teams left to play if we got through last night, Oxford City were always the ones I thought we'd be hard pushed to beat. Anything is possible in the play-offs mind you.

Worthing sold out our away allocation of 450 tickets in less than 12 hours, which is an amazing effort. Oxford claiming they'll put more on sale tomorrow night if they don't sell out...which given their average attendance this season has been in the 400s...I do not see happening.

One thing that segregation of this game has reflected is that given their relative low attendance figures throughout the season, it feels Oxford purely want prevent it from turning into a defacto home game for us given the amount of fans that haven't bought tickets yet but may still want to travel.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Should be a really tough game. As I said to you and @Hotchilidog yesterday before the game (giving away who I am on here, if I hadn't done so already 😂), of the teams left to play if we got through last night, Oxford City were always the ones I thought we'd be hard pushed to beat. Anything is possible in the play-offs mind you.

Worthing sold out our away allocation of 450 tickets in less than 12 hours, which is an amazing effort. Oxford claiming they'll put more on sale tomorrow night if they don't sell out...which given their average attendance this season has been in the 400s...I do not see happening.

One thing that segregation of this game has reflected is that given their relative low attendance figures throughout the season, it feels Oxford purely want prevent it from turning into a defacto home game for us given the amount of fans that haven't bought tickets yet but may still want to travel.
We already knew who you were 😀

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
National League South Play Off Semi-Final
Oxford City vs Worthing (Sunday, 15:30)

Worthing's 2-1 victory against Braintree Town, in front of over 2,600 fans, earns them a spot in the semi-final against a strong Oxford City team.
Last time these two met was in February '23 which resulted in a 3-0 loss for the Rebels.
However Worthing are in great form currently, with 7 wins in their last 8 matches.
After selling out in less than 12 hours, extra allocation means 550 away fans will likely make the trip to Oxford to see if Worthing can continue this remarkable season.

Come on you Rebels!!! And hoping for the final to be in Sussex 🤞

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports