Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shoreham are also unbeaten in the league since January 18th 2022. Almost a whole year. Mad
Did you notice what the Seaford defender got sent off for saying?
I couldn’t hear.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hard work from volunteers ensured that the match at The Oval was able to commence as scheduled this morning .

Eastbourne United winning 1-0 against a depleted but hard working Bexhill United with the only goal scored in the 2nd half by Bailo Camara .

Didn't hear the official attendance but would guess 250 ish

Attachments

• rsz_1e1.jpg
    rsz_1e1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 31
  • e11.JPG
    e11.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • rsz_1e2.jpg
    rsz_1e2.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 33
  • rsz_1e3.jpg
    rsz_1e3.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 31

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I’m assuming Seaford lost a lot of players this summer. Went down there in May for Shoreham’s play-off semi which Shoreham won, but to go from a play-off side to bottom of the league in 6 months..

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yesterday after missing our trips there in the past, I headed down to Huish Park to stand on the away terrace to watch Torquay United play really well for 75 minutes only to concede two cheap goals late on. Absolutely poured down for the 90 and I understand why a lot of people say it’s the worst away end in the country, bleak but ticked off my 233rd ground.
D50483FC-DBCB-44C6-BB99-7B8EE0215C27.jpeg

My original plan was to tick off AFC Uckfield and then go to Lewes, but Uckfield canned their game last night. So with all the new grounds in SCFL called off, I decided to join a mate and watch Saltdean v Newhaven. Newhaven absolutely wiped the floor with Newhaven destroying them 7-0, when in reality it could have been 9 or 10.
6E60B060-03E8-4160-B813-91EF707041A5.jpeg

Following that I took a trip down to Whitehawk to watch them take on Haywards Heath. I took the scenic route to take some pictures and managed to fall down a muddy bank on my way to the ground. The game was a tight affair after Haywards Heath took an early lead, only for their former right back and former Brighton academy player Hamish Morrison to excellently finish to equalise. Whitehawk dominated the second half and knocked on the door, only for in the 90th minute another former Brighton Youth player and former Worthing winger Luke Robinson to fire through a crowd of players to make it 2-1. A great atmosphere down the enclosed and a season record of 600+ attendance.
DFEDFCE4-7C01-4E7E-A467-7E607788166A.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yesterday after missing our trips there in the past, I headed down to Huish Park to stand on the away terrace to watch Torquay United play really well for 75 minutes only to concede two cheap goals late on. Absolutely poured down for the 90 and I understand why a lot of people say it’s the worst away end in the country, bleak but ticked off my 233rd ground.
View attachment 155324

My original plan was to tick off AFC Uckfield and then go to Lewes, but Uckfield canned their game last night. So with all the new grounds in SCFL called off, I decided to join a mate and watch Saltdean v Newhaven. Newhaven absolutely wiped the floor with Newhaven destroying them 7-0, when in reality it could have been 9 or 10.
View attachment 155323

Following that I took a trip down to Whitehawk to watch them take on Haywards Heath. I took the scenic route to take some pictures and managed to fall down a muddy bank on my way to the ground. The game was a tight affair after Haywards Heath took an early lead, only for their former right back and former Brighton academy player Hamish Morrison to excellently finish to equalise. Whitehawk dominated the second half and knocked on the door, only for in the 90th minute another former Brighton Youth player and former Worthing winger Luke Robinson to fire through a crowd of players to make it 2-1. A great atmosphere down the enclosed and a season record of 600+ attendance. View attachment 155322
Love the last two pics, Sussex is still such a beautiful scenic county in the most part, sometimes l think we don't realise how lucky we are to live here.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
For the avoidance of doubt, Newhaven wiped the floor with Saltdean to win 0-7, not themselves.
You might reasonably question whether I'd be as keen to correct that if the score had been the other way around, to which I can only reply that too right I wouldn't.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Love the last two pics, Sussex is still such a beautiful scenic county in the most part, sometimes l think we don't realise how lucky we are to live here.
The countryside around the Saltdean ground is stunning, I’ve seen a few photos of the Whitehawk ground taken from the hill and always enjoy looking at them.

In the distance is the Brighton Racecourse grandstand, I lived in Whitehawk in the 90s, I had a view from my kitchen window of that hill with the grandstand at top and football pitches at the bottom, the first day I moved in my young lad looked out of this window and said “look daddy, there’s a car on fire” 😬 :smile:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
View attachment 155324

View attachment 155323

Following that I took a trip down to Whitehawk to watch them take on Haywards Heath. I took the scenic route to take some pictures and managed to fall down a muddy bank on my way to the ground. The game was a tight affair after Haywards Heath took an early lead, only for their former right back and former Brighton academy player Hamish Morrison to excellently finish to equalise. Whitehawk dominated the second half and knocked on the door, only for in the 90th minute another former Brighton Youth player and former Worthing winger Luke Robinson to fire through a crowd of players to make it 2-1. A great atmosphere down the enclosed and a season record of 600+ attendance. View attachment 155322
Great photos. I was at the at the Saltdean game yesterday and yes, as the score suggests, it was very one-sided. I’ve also taken the scenic route to Whitehawk across the golf course - never again, too hard work for me!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sunday 1st January Spennymoor 2 Blyth Spartans 1 . Att 1587 111 Away . 2nd visit . £15 entry fee ,decent ground cover on 3 sides . Pork pie ,Chips and Gravy£6 other food avaliable. Visited the Little Tap Room , Durham Brewery Dark Angel£3 a pint . Well worth a visit if your're in the Spenny area.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sunday 1st January Spennymoor 2 Blyth Spartans 1 . Att 1587 111 Away . 2nd visit . £15 entry fee ,decent ground cover on 3 sides . Pork pie ,Chips and Gravy£6 other food avaliable. Visited the Little Tap Room , Durham Brewery Dark Angel£3 a pint . Well worth a visit if your're in the Spenny area.
Went there about a month ago, the pies were absolutely exquisite. especially the meat and potato with a bit of brown sauce, I had two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here