Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Some odd results last night, Worthing humped at home again, to Weymouth, the side that were second bottom at the start of the evening, and top of the league (runaway leaders for a while) Ebbsfleet get dicked by Eastbourne Borough at home.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Some odd results last night, Worthing humped at home again, to Weymouth, the side that were second bottom at the start of the evening, and top of the league (runaway leaders for a while) Ebbsfleet get dicked by Eastbourne Borough at home.

Borough are picking up form at the moment. Inconsistency has been their biggest issue for years already but I guess that's what happens when players move about regularly.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Borough are picking up form at the moment. Inconsistency has been their biggest issue for years already but I guess that's what happens when players move about regularly.
Problem is that Borough has a small squad and injuries cause dips in form
Ebbsfleet are bankrolled by an Arab and have a big squad and budget.
Borough should get into the Playoffs but Worthing are fading

Problem is that Borough has a small squad and injuries cause dips in form
Ebbsfleet are bankrolled by an Arab and have a big squad and budget.
Borough should get into the Playoffs but Worthing are fading
Considering the previous result to our losses to Ebbsfleet and Weymouth was thumping 2nd placed Havant, I'd hardly call our form "fading". We made the mistake of trying to play open football against Ebbsfleet rather than take an anti-football approach to negate them and got shown up, no shame in that.

Last night was frustrating to say the least, but it was one of the weakest starting XIs we've fielded all season and a very young back four, the oldest of which was 23. Weymouth came with a point to prove given how we had convincingly beaten them in the previous two meeting this season and wanted it more than us. While we weren't worth more than a point, the game was completely ruined by the worst collective performance from a group of match officials I've seen in many years.

Long way still to go this season and we've certainly exceeded expectations so far - especially given that we've done it without our marquee summer signing in Jake Robinson. No reason to think once we've got a few players back from injury and if we can get extend Josh Chambers's loan from Gillingham for the rest of the season that we can't continue to be in the Play-off picture come April.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know so many on here go on about the great experience of non league but movement of players puts me of a bit. When Albion away used to go to a lot. Cant believe the number of changes from one season to another. I assume this is money driven. As an old foggy can remember playing county league and unless going up a standard players tended to be loyal

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just a heads up to the hordes of fans on all the coaches headed for Gorings Mead on Saturday for the Horsham YMCA v. Newhaven fixture in the SCFL, due to the extensive damage caused to our central heating boilers in the recent freeze, the fixture has now been switched, and will be played at Newhaven's Fort Road ground. 3pm kick-off. Game guaranteed to go ahead as they have a 3G pitch.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If the Newhaven v YM game is half as eventful as last season, it’ll be worth attending. 3 penalties, rain coming down sideways, and a red card (I think).

Was last December - the weekend Brighton v Spurs got postponed due to COVID. Newhaven won 2-0, despite missing two penalties!

Those seats at Newhaven are the ones from the Withdean aren’t they?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the Newhaven v YM game is half as eventful as last season, it’ll be worth attending. 3 penalties, rain coming down sideways, and a red card (I think).

Was last December - the weekend Brighton v Spurs got postponed due to COVID. Newhaven won 2-0, despite missing two penalties!

Those seats at Newhaven are the ones from the Withdean aren’t they?
Yes some of them certainly are, the ones behind the goal l think, others went to Whitehawk too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes some of them certainly are, the ones behind the goal l think, others went to Whitehawk too.
The seats in the main stand are also from Withdean. There were seats behind the other goal and some opposite the stand but they were removed in the summer when the new pitch and ground improvements were done.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just a heads up to the hordes of fans on all the coaches headed for Gorings Mead on Saturday for the Horsham YMCA v. Newhaven fixture in the SCFL, due to the extensive damage caused to our central heating boilers in the recent freeze, the fixture has now been switched, and will be played at Newhaven's Fort Road ground. 3pm kick-off. Game guaranteed to go ahead as they have a 3G pitch.
Judging by luck this week, I could well end up at this, was intending to do Brighton Women and Whitehawk, but reckon the latter will be off.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Not really that odd, as Weymouth are top of the form table having taken 13 points from their last 5 games. Bobby Wilkinson has completely transformed them!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Former Albion wideman Dean Cox has moved into management.

The 35-year-old has taken charge at Isthmian League outfit Lancing
He has appointed Will Hendon as his assistant and coach.
Cox also played for Leyton Orient, Crawley, Eastbourne Borough and Worthing and has been keen on a management role for some time.
He has been a regular visitor to Culver Road since retiring from playing last year and has good knowledge of the squad.
Lancing are currently 17th in the 20-team south-east division.

They are at home to Ashford United tomorrow (2pm) and host Worthing in the Senior Cup on Tuesday.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Newhaven U23 mysteriously called off tonight despite being 4G, another one to add to my curse tomorrow?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home

Former Albion wideman Dean Cox has moved into management.

The 35-year-old has taken charge at Isthmian League outfit Lancing
He has appointed Will Hendon as his assistant and coach.
Cox also played for Leyton Orient, Crawley, Eastbourne Borough and Worthing and has been keen on a management role for some time.
He has been a regular visitor to Culver Road since retiring from playing last year and has good knowledge of the squad.
Lancing are currently 17th in the 20-team south-east division.

They are at home to Ashford United tomorrow (2pm) and host Worthing in the Senior Cup on Tuesday.
The Maidstone v Worthing FA Trophy Tie has been postponed tomorrow and will now take place on Tuesday so the Senior Cup tie v Lancing will have to be rescheduled.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
How’s that been postponed then it’s 3G
Sub zero temperatures in that part of the country for most of the week has made the snowfall on the pitch solid, plus the access roads etc. are also frozen.
Quite a few games in Kent off tomorrow by the looks of it.
Probably end up at Horsham v Canvey tomorrow myself.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Lewes game has been called off today in case anyone was going to risk it. January is going to be busy I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here