Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new away ('Volt' yellow) and third ('Crimson' red) shirts

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I like the minimalist look of both the tops and the actual shirt design (Away).

I really don't like the colours.

Won't be buying either but probably wouldn't even if I did like the tops.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Who cares what the frigging away shirts look like? Won't make the slightest difference to how well the team plays.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I like them, most seem to want a shirt that's clean and simple and that's what we got.

Nice

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's just a kit. Buy it or don't. It's reasonably smart imo. I am interested in the football mainly, why get that bloody wound up about a shirt that you don't have to buy or wear.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Like the fact it's yellow and that will sell fairly well. Wait for the go yellow for Fulham marketing!

Third kit is a waste of time and money, as the orange one was last season. I am told this was a flop on sales.

Still find it massively annoying that you can get the actual kit less the badge and sponsor for under a third of the price. £45 is a total rip off.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Doesn't it make a mockery of the rubbish we were told about the iron-on bit on the home shirts (that it was the 'right shade of white' and nothing to do with Nike pre-fabs). American Express seem more than happy with the right shade of neon.....

The iron bit on the home shirt is because it's striped !

These aren't so doesn't need the big white block to have the sponsor on

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When you look at our away shirt history we have mostly had solid colours, only 5 times in recent years have we had stripes in different colours. We had the obligatory abominations in the late 80's/early 90's, but predominantly they've been solid colours.

Away kits
http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...ove-albion-football-shirts-t50.html?type=Away

We've not had a lot of third kits, and only one of them was striped.

As for the Amex logo, corporate brand identity guidelines for most organisations do not allow the brand to be shown directly on a 'broken' background, ie stripes, however, most allow black or white versions on solid background colours. I have dealt with Amex on their branding and they are very protective about their brand, as are all big businesses. Our striped home shirt, so long as it a (slightly modified) Nike Teamwear shirt will always have a heat pressed panel on it for the Amex logo. Until Nike change their teamwear templates (they won't) or we change to a different supplier, then this is how it is going to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here