Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What did Hemed get last season? 17? 18?
What is Murray on now? You can't even compare them for goal scoring I am afraid

Im not sure that comparing is appropriate. As we have seen over the last season and a half it is a team game. We have one very good central striker and one very competent back up. We have a competent secondary striker whose biggest contribution is probably to create space and movement and we need back up for that player as a priority.
We are well balanced unlike someone like Newcastle, Villa or Derby County with a surfeit of very expensive strikers on the bench

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Yet in fairly limited game time compared to Murray so far this season hes scored 7. He will probably finish on 16 or so for the season with Murray on well over 20 all being well. Dont think thatd be a bad return for a back up

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We misses out on promotion last season because we conceded too many. Hemed is excellent cover.

If we lose Baldock he will be missed, but we can change things around. Even Hemed supported by Sidwell ws enough at times to get us through.

Lose Murray and Hemed, I think we are in big trouble. I think we need a replacement for Hambo/Manu. An U23 centre forward big guy and one for the future.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The BBC's 'gossip' column is pretty much all palace wanting to sign wingers and full backs.
Shirley they'll not fund that with the sale of Benteke. :lolol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Jeffery Schlupp who looks like he will sign today for around £12 mill, is unbelievably on the same £80k per week as Vardy and is one of their highest paid players, no wonder they are prepared to let him go. Can only think Palace will pay him more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jeffery Schlupp who looks like he will sign today for around £12 mill, is unbelievably on the same £80k per week as Vardy and is one of their highest paid players, no wonder they are prepared to let him go. Can only think Palace will pay him more.
Money is no object for palace with Admin 3 drawing closer.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Money is no object for palace with Admin 3 drawing closer.

Evra next one in how much is he going to cost and the guy from Arsenal and they are now after Downing.
So much for Parish being worried about the cost control ceiling he said they are close to reaching, looks line he has settled for a fine.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here