Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This article suggests he quadrupled his wage and is now on £18k a week.
Blimey. There's also the question of why Barnsley would sell him. He's hardly let them down has he.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His conviction has been quashed and therefore he is free to ply his trade wherever will have him BUT I wouldn't like us to sign him because of the questionable morality about his actions.

And it wasn't an 'attack' on BG for the reason you're thinking, more from a that's a stupid suggestion from a pure footballing ability perspective.
Fair enough. The posts I was referring to in my first response were definitely having a go at BG for even thinking to ask the question, even if your's wasn't intended that way. FWIW, I wouldn't vote for him coming to the Albion either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey. There's also the question of why Barnsley would sell him. He's hardly let them down has he.

For Barnsley to survive at this level, given their commercial income and crowd sizes, is a big ask. They can't blithely bat away offers in the way Bloom can, for players reaching the end of their contracts. Winnall can walk for nothing in a few months time (as can their other good player Hourinhane) and they just can't afford to allow that to happen. If Wednesday have offered £2m or so and the player wants to go, they'll take it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For Barnsley to survive at this level, given their commercial income and crowd sizes, is a big ask. They can't blithely bat away offers in the way Bloom can, for players reaching the end of their contracts. Winnall can walk for nothing in a few months time (as can their other good player Hourinhane) and they just can't afford to allow that to happen. If Wednesday have offered £2m or so and the player wants to go, they'll take it.
I didn't know his contract was up, and the Sun were reporting £500k. £2m end of contract is a different matter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't know his contract was up, and the Sun were reporting £500k. £2m end of contract is a different matter.

One paper quoted £500k and another £2.5m

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I can't believe it was as low as £500k - if he was available at that then other clubs would have jumped in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My question on Ched Evans was based on the fact that he was a good goalscorer pre conviction and says he is hoping to get back into the Wales squad and at 28 years old it should be within the next 2years or probably not at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People thought Harold Shipman was a good doctor, pre conviction.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
why are we always so slow in making signings during a transfer window?

Yes, it is frustrating when other clubs seemingly are quicker when we are all waiting for that elusive back-up striker, but TB is a good poker player and knows that as the transfer window drags on, a player and his agent may have to compromise on what might be exhorbitant demands. It is afterall his money and quite understandably he wants to keep the losses to a mininum. Having said that . .hurry up tony!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
why are we always so slow in making signings during a transfer window?
Well why do you think? Obviously they are trying, so presumably it's because we're after players who are in demand, and they/their clubs like holding out for the best deal. If we could do it quicker, obviously we would.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well looks like we have at least got one signing close to the line... . Norwegian youth international striker Abdul-Basit Agouda from Stromgodset. At the training centre to discuss terms this week after a fee agreed. 9 goals in 17 games at u-16 level including a couple of hat-tricks. Hopefully better injury record than Hambo.

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Well looks like we have at least got one signing close to the line... . Norwegian youth international striker Abdul-Basit Agouda from Stromdodset. At the training centre to discuss terms this week after a fee agreed. 9 goals in 17 games at u-16 level including a couple of hate tricks. Hopefully better injury record than Harbour
U23 striker? Poor lad, shame for his career to tail off so early. Perhaps he could do a degree whilst here to prepare himself for life after the Albion?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here