Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
The rumours, which have been around a while, that Hudds are signing Terrence Boyd from Leipzig have got stronger with Bild in Germany reporting he's about to sign a two year contract. He's worked with Wagner before. Only problem is his recent injury record. He hardly played for Leipzig.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meh. Looks like another David Rodriguez to me.
Only a 1000 times more mobile.

But I will concede Roger has 12 goals in a division where the afore mentioned Spanish Roddy has 7.
Not to mention in the interests of full disclosure, the division also has Fran Sandaza plying his trade.

All of which should count against the lad.
Until you look around NSC and see the clamour for Nugent, Bamford, Rhodes and all the other no marks currently being touted for around £15,000,000.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Only a 1000 times more mobile.

But I will concede Roger has 12 goals in a division where the afore mentioned Spanish Roddy has 7.
Not to mention in the interests of full disclosure, the division also has Fran Sandaza plying his trade.

All of which should count against the lad.
Until you look around NSC and see the clamour for Nugent, Bamford, Rhodes and all the other no marks currently being touted for around £15,000,000.

Roddy has 7 (SEVEN)? How is that even possible when he spent 80% of his time pointing away from goal?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roddy has 7 (SEVEN)? How is that even possible when he spent 80% of his time pointing away from goal?!

If it's any consolation his team are 6th from bottom with 23 points from 20 games.

Our man Roger is playing later today, kicking off at 5 against mid table Huesca.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If it's any consolation his team are 6th from bottom with 23 points from 20 games.

Our man Roger is playing later today, kicking off at 5 against mid table Huesca.

Why is he our man? Are we being linked with him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is he our man? Are we being linked with him?
Repeatedly.

Sure that's only by me solely as an antidote to the No Imagination Crew insisting the Albion only sign players that have scored against us, at the AMEX.
But in fairness that's still a stronger rumour than anything twitter has come up with. :lol:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Alfredo Ortuño who's currently on loan at Cadiz from Las Palmas looks like a player who could make the transition to playing over here, but my concern is that he's too similar to Murray and Hemed. He's strong, good in the air and has a tendency to run into the same positions on the pitch. One that I wouldn't mind us going after is Joselu (not the Stoke one) who's is plying his trade at Lugo as competition for Baldock. His contract is up at the end of the season and he can also offer cover for either wing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alfredo Ortuño who's currently on loan at Cadiz from Las Palmas looks like a player who could make the transition to playing over here, but my concern is that he's too similar to Murray and Hemed. He's strong, good in the air and has a tendency to run into the same positions on the pitch. One that I wouldn't mind us going after is Joselu (not the Stoke one) who's is plying his trade at Lugo as competition for Baldock. His contract is up at the end of the season and he can also offer cover for either wing.
You mean football is played somewhere other than the Championship :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another goal tonight from my main man Roger!

Come on Tony you know it makes sense.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
16 more days in the window.

Half way through, just players out for the albion so far.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
16 more days in the window.

Half way through, just players out for the albion so far.

Any Gut feeling? On ins outs...would you be happy for the status quo,if it went that way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any Gut feeling? On ins outs...would you be happy for the status quo,if it went that way.
My gut feeling is 1-2 strikers in, 1 central midfielder in, and Ince and Hunt to go out on loan giving a squad of 25-26.

I would not be particularly happy with a squad of under 25 players, though, and with no other activity then we at least need to bring in 1 striker.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
My gut feeling is 1-2 strikers in, 1 central midfielder in, and Ince and Hunt to go out on loan giving a squad of 25-26.

I would not be particularly happy with a squad of under 25 players, though, and with no other activity then we at least need to bring in 1 striker.

Twitter talk ramping up about Johnny Russell. Not saying it's true but he's very good champ player and Derby might sell now we are probably too far ahead of them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought that I read Hunt was going to Crawley on loan but he was on our bench yesterday so what is happening with him.
Not sure it is definitely to Crawley, but his loan won't happen until Rosenior or Pocognoli is fully fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here