Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My main man Roger scored another 'come and get me' goal, on Wednesday for Lavante.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Go on Foxestalk, it suggests he is one of there lower earners.

I did read this on Foxestalk yesterday talking about the Knockaert article in The Times:

"It still pisses me off to this day that he (Knockaert) felt so unloved at the end of his time here that he turned down a new contract and went to Liege.

I still feel that bar Mahrez and Gray, none of our wingers are better than him. How we still have Schlupp and not Tony is beyond me."

:thumbsup:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Go on Foxestalk, it suggests he is one of there lower earners.

I did. Very enjoyable thread on Schlupp. Third choice these days by all accounts and 'robbed them blind' keeps cropping up.

at £12.5m we've robbed them blind - hats off to Rudkin/Macia/whoever negotiated the deal. At 19, you could see why someone might bid big for a player with his potential, but at 24 it seems pretty clear to me he had never really developed into the player we all thought he could, he never improved his end product and you'd bet your house on him clearing the stadium if he ever went through on goal. One of the most frustrating players to put on the shirt in the past 5-6 years, not because he didn't have the ability, but because we all knew what he needed to do and he simply didn't have the footballing brain to do what he needed. If you've got pace, run at players - he rarely did - and lets face it, he had nothing else to his game really and always looked like a rabbit in headlights when he received the ball.

I hate to be so critical of one of our youth products, but he was just going to waste away here if we didn't move him on - we gave him a fair crack of the whip though.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/110115-schlupp-signs-for-crystal-palace-£125m/

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
any new faces arrived yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aston Villa hope to sign Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes, 26, on a permanent deal. However, the Premier League club want £10m for the player. (Birmingham Mail)

Newcastle are considering re-signing 25-year-old England winger Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace. (Daily Mail)

Paris St-Germain are interested in signing Chelsea's 23-year-old Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi. (L'Equipe - in French)

The French club also want to sign 26-year-old Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke. (Express)

Newcastle want to sign Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney, 25, despite the London club valuing the player at £20m. (Newcastle Chronicle)

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Aston Villa hope to sign Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes, 26, on a permanent deal. However, the Premier League club want £10m for the player. (Birmingham Mail)

Newcastle are considering re-signing 25-year-old England winger Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace. (Daily Mail)

Paris St-Germain are interested in signing Chelsea's 23-year-old Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi. (L'Equipe - in French)

The French club also want to sign 26-year-old Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke. (Express)

Newcastle want to sign Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney, 25, despite the London club valuing the player at £20m. (Newcastle Chronicle)

£20 million... Forty notes fund?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Brighton rumours in there.
All these years of NOBODY being 'in the know' until an hour before the press conference, and you still haven't worked out how the Albion do business.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All these years of NOBODY being 'in the know' until an hour before the press conference, and you still haven't worked out how the Albion do business.

I appreciate that but that doesnt stop journalist writing suggestions which are invariably speculation and incorrect but make interesting reading while we wait for TB to act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here