Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The forum software is crap

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] one of the things I've noticed on Tapatalk on my Ipad is that the page numbers don't always appear, so for example on the More Snow Tomorrow thread, I have to "Next Page" through each one to reach the last page...It happens sporadically...Is there some way to stop this doing it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] one of the things I've noticed on Tapatalk on my Ipad is that the page numbers don't always appear, so for example on the More Snow Tomorrow thread, I have to "Next Page" through each one to reach the last page...It happens sporadically...Is there some way to stop this doing it?

No - that's a Tapatalk 'feature' (bug).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I just get the, Are you sure you want to leave this page? after I post.

That's the only thing mentioned on here that has happened to me... but quite often. And it isn't the end of the world.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not getting any problems with duplicate posts anymore have you fixed it?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just had the "Do you want to leave this page?" message again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can the 60 seconds delay in between posting be reduced to 30 seconds ? Not very helpful on the official matchday thread if a lot of action is taking place.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I've turned off the auto-saving of posts. I suspect that feature was related to double posts appearing.

Possibly not! Posted on 'Statuary Sick Pay' 16.35pm and double posted. It happens at least once a night (no, not my sex life unfortunately):blush:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still seeing the 'are you sure you . . . .' message.

Still popping up but not as frequently as it was before yesterday

and then does it with this post :lol:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Can the 60 seconds delay in between posting be reduced to 30 seconds ? Not very helpful on the official matchday thread if a lot of action is taking place.
You mean relax the congestion reduction measure at the time there is most congestion?
You haven't thought this through, have you :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You mean relax the congestion reduction measure at the time there is most congestion?
You haven't thought this through, have you :)
It even happens when there are only 300 on NSC in the early hours of the morning and it isn't busy. There shouldn't be any congestion unless you've got 2,000 all trying to post at the same time. Bozza runs NSC as a business , more threads and posts generates more views -> more advertising revenue -> Bozza gets to buy the latest Apple creation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It even happens when there are only 300 on NSC in the early hours of the morning and it isn't busy. There shouldn't be any congestion unless you've got 2,000 all trying to post at the same time. Bozza runs NSC as a business , more threads and posts generates more views -> more advertising revenue -> Bozza gets to buy the latest Apple creation.

It's not a performance issue at all. We're hosted in the Rackspace cloud where we have all but unlimited resources to cope with user demand. It's how we've peaked at c3,500 users online concurrently and how we had over 2,600 on last week during the transfer window with the site still zipping along for everyone.

There's clearly a bug in there somewhere. If you Google around the subject it has hit a lot of forums running vBulletin. I'm sure there are solutions out there, but nothing popped out at me when I last looked. I just need a good chunk of time to spend on it - I hope to get that this week. I will get to the bottom of it because it bugs the hell out of me too!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:laugh: I'm sure he'd be able to afford it anyway! But does he actually own NSC? I believe it was founded by Manx Seagull (although I'm sure he's not in the Isle of Man as a tax exile following a sale of NSC!)

ManxSeagull founded it but had to give it up when it was starting to cost quite a lot of money.

I took the site on because I thought it was important that NSC lived on. In the early days I funded it from my own pocket, but as it got busier I sought ways of the site being self-subsidising.

The site now belongs to a company - Blue Seagull Technology Limited - which gives me and my family some protection from any potential litigation that may arise due to stuff posted on here. Legal threats are common, none have materialised into anything yet. One may do some day.

I'm a 100% shareholder in Blue Seagull.

I've probably put tens of thousands of hours into NSC. Most of it is enjoyable, some of it isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here