Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The forum software is crap

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If only there was a way you could directly message me with your opinion.

Better to have a thread so others can comment too. If I'm the only one having difficulty with the current software, then it's my problem, but if others are irritated with it too, they can post their opinion.

Well someone's overly grumpy today....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rogue duplicate posts is top of my 'to do' list as it annoys me too. I've done a bit of research but didn't come up with an easy and obvious answer.

I'll endeavour to work on it, and resolve it, this week.

I'll want a hug in return though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quick reply box greyed out on some pages. The links at the top right are still white when you hover over them.

Literally never seen a greyed out quick reply box but I'll check it out.

Are you talking about 'My profile' and 'settings' etc? Never noticed that before, but should be easy to fix.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Are you talking about 'My profile' and 'settings' etc? Never noticed that before, but should be easy to fix.

I got it for the first time yesterday. It was definitely in the Quick Reply Box. (When I was actually replying to a post). I came out of my Browser (Chrome) and went in again a couple of minutes later. All fine.

Dec 29, 2011
Only happens once per ten threads (approx.). Not a massive problem but I wondered if other people had experienced it.

Yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quick reply box.
I assumed it was thread specific as I usually get it on 'geeks'.

If I go off elsewhere and come back, it's usually fine, other than I've probably forgotten what I was going to type.

It's the last time I buy a pie from here.

Dec 29, 2011
Out of interest is the "Changes made in editor have not been saved, are you sure you want to leave this page" box a new addition? It doesn't seem to add much to the forum (most posts are short and can be rewritten if a page is re-loaded) and if the problems started around the time it was introduced it might worth disabling for a day or two to see if that's the reason.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Out of interest is the "Changes made in editor have not been saved, are you sure you want to leave this page" box a new addition? It doesn't seem to add much to the forum (most posts are short and can be rewritten if a page is re-loaded) and if the problems started around the time it was introduced it might worth disabling for a day or two to see if that's the reason.
I just get the, Are you sure you want to leave this page? after I post.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
re duplicate post, i seem to avoid this by noticing that its asked "do you want to leave this page" which means the bug has triggered. clicking on "leave" avoids a dupe post. or else open in new tab the thread to see if post has been made, if so closing the old tab.

knowing my luck today, this post will now be duplicated.... :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've turned off the auto-save thing.

Please report back if you get the 'Do you want to leave this page?' type message and/or a double post again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rogue duplicate posts is top of my 'to do' list as it annoys me too. I've done a bit of research but didn't come up with an easy and obvious answer.

I'll endeavour to work on it, and resolve it, this week.

I'll want a hug in return though.
I'm actually very good at hugs.

It's annoying as there were no such issues before the change. If you manage to fix the duplicate posts thing, can the time between posts then be reduced?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I get this too, and when quoting someone. I then need to 'Go Advanced' to be able tot type a reply.

Do you have to try and work on fixing what you have, or is there an alternative (software solution)?

I've turned off the auto-save thing.

Please report back if you get the 'Do you want to leave this page?' type message and/or a double post again.
Thanks, that was another annoying 'feature'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not had a problem with greyed out boxes.

I liked the auto-save function and the 'are you sure you want to leave' thing, because when I am trying to highlight some text I've written, if I miss the arrow key or something, it starts a search and I lose whatever I was writing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here