Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The forum software is crap

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the last few months, the forum software has been shit. It's constantly trying to make duplicate posts. NSC's workaround for this appears to be this ridiculous 60 wait to between posts, which still doesn't seem to have solved the problem for all, and the workaround for mods is that they delete their duplicate posts.

And you can't press Tab Enter to make your post, like you can on all other forums (or like you could here before the change).

It's rubbish, sort it out.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have to agree. For me for the last month or so the quick reply box is unselectable on certain threads some of the time. It is there just the text box part is greyed out. Plus the constant double posts.

D

Deleted member 22389

In the last few months, the forum software has been shit. It's constantly trying to make duplicate posts. NSC's workaround for this appears to be this ridiculous 60 wait to between posts, which still doesn't seem to have solved the problem for all, and the workaround for mods is that they delete their duplicate posts.

And you can't press Tab Enter to make your post, like you can on all other forums (or like you could here before the change).

What solutions can you provide NSC with?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder if it is anything to do with this 'auto save' thing that pops up when I am typing in a 'Quick Reply'??

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The duplicate post thing is a pain in the arse, admittedly. The 60-second rule is a pretty standard feature on most forum software, it's there to stop flooding and spam largely, though i believe the duration can be lowered if the admins feel it necessary.

It's not perfect, but having been part of the forum world for some time (working on and with them) it's a lot better than it could be.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have to admit, (I know I don't post that regularly btw) its not been a massive issue for me so far. If the Quick Reply box is greyed out *which it has been a few times), I just click "Go Advanced" and post from there or worst case scenario use Tapatalk.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have to agree. For me for the last month or so the quick reply box is unselectable on certain threads some of the time. It is there just the text box part is greyed out. Plus the constant double posts.

I assumed that was me due to my shocking computer! :lolol: Good to know it isn't. Does anyone else have the "Stop running script?" pop up box appear every now and then as well? Or is that just me?!

Duplicate posts?

Duplicate posts?

:lolol: :bowdown: Superb.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If only there was a way you could directly message someone regarding this....
If only there was a way you could directly message me with your opinion.

Better to have a thread so others can comment too. If I'm the only one having difficulty with the current software, then it's my problem, but if others are irritated with it too, they can post their opinion.

I assumed that was me due to my shocking computer! :lolol: Good to know it isn't. Does anyone else have the "Stop running script?" pop up box appear every now and then as well? Or is that just me?!

All the time at home when using the laptop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here