Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Five Clarifications

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My worry is if we fail to make a Euro competition now, RDZ might take the hump and decide his future is eleswhere. If we are to beleive anythign that is written there are clubs in Italy as well as England who would be keen to have him. If he thinks it's impossible for #teamslikebrighton to get past the establishment on merit, why would he stay?
He may have a point. Time will tell. I don’t doubt the players will do what they can on the pitch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My worry is if we fail to make a Euro competition now, RDZ might take the hump and decide his future is eleswhere. If we are to beleive anythign that is written there are clubs in Italy as well as England who would be keen to have him. If he thinks it's impossible for #teamslikebrighton to get past the establishment on merit, why would he stay?
To be fair you could also say 1 point from a possible 9 against Brentford & Fulham who were in the mix also has a big impact on our final position

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
It's the same situation as with players, current and potential, getting in to Europe makes us a much bigger attraction. If we fail due to our own shortcomings then fair enough, but if we are being denied due to the incompetence of parties outside our control.....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My view was we had to win at Spurs for UCL to become a genuine possibility. A loss would take it off the table completely.
I'm sure Spurs felt exactly the same way about the game.
It is unlikely the officials were unaware of the magnitude of the game.
My opinion is the importance of the fixture pushed the standard big 6 advantage into overdrive.

Hopefully we can get over this one soon.
We don't want to become Leeds and continue to harp on about an injustice from 50 years ago, that no one else remembers.
Europa League is the target now, missing out on that would be a travesty.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Just looking at the MacAllister handball again it occurs to me that he doesn't deflect it away from Lloris, but closer to him, so he hasn't been disadvantaged by the ball being deflected out of reach. Lloris actually let's it squirm under his body.

I don't know what that means, I should probably calm down and let it go.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be fair you could also say 1 point from a possible 9 against Brentford & Fulham who were in the mix also has a big impact on our final position
We should have had another penalty v Brentford, blatant handball by the same player 90 seconds after the third goal. But it was waved away as I guess that would have moved us up to 5th.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just looking at the MacAllister handball again it occurs to me that he doesn't deflect it away from Lloris, but closer to him, so he hasn't been disadvantaged by the ball being deflected out of reach. Lloris actually let's it squirm under his body.

Many of us feel a certain way when it comes to the decisions made. We need to stay angry. Brighton & Hove Albion are the softest touch in the league.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Any deflection can make it more difficult, doesn't matter whether closer to him or further away. If it has definitely hit his hand, then under the rules it's handball. The controversy for me is that it is not clear and obvious it does, he's onside so hitting his hip and deflecting is neither here nor there.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Not sure if already posted somewhere, so apologies if fixtures...... #BarberOUT is very classy and magnanimous.

PB as always very honest.

What I would like to know in all of this, is why haven't things improved.
VAR has been a mess since day 1, they talk about improving it, but it hasn't improved at all since implementation.

So what will change?
And when?

When there is absolutely no track record of it improving....

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
We should have had another penalty v Brentford, blatant handball by the same player 90 seconds after the third goal. But it was waved away as I guess that would have moved us up to 5th.
I was thinking yesterday that at least with the Palace disallowed goal it only meant we were denied the 2 points. The point they got is irrelevant to our season as they are miles behind (that's got a nice ring to it). However the Spurs/Brentford/Villa stitch ups all resulted in not only us being denied points, but close rivals getting points they didn't deserve.

Also I hope the Liverpool Cup game is included in any cumulative totting up the club are challenging PGMOL about. Ok we won the game but the 2 tackles on Ferguson (Fabinho) and MacAllister (glass chin man) both had the potential to cause serious injury, neither resultinginred cards. I was as angry about that game as I was Saturday.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That was never handball. March blasted the ball at their defender from 2 yards away, what's he supposed to do? They stopped giving those ages ago, they changed the rule, I think.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That was never handball. March blasted the ball at their defender from 2 yards away, what's he supposed to do? They stopped giving those ages ago, they changed the rule, I think.
They give them for that all the time because he is making his body bigger. It is like when people charge down shots. They have to do it with hands behind their back now.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not sure if already posted somewhere, so apologies if fixtures...... #BarberOUT is very classy and magnanimous.

Classy yes, magnanimous yes.

But CE's of all other clubs would be approaching these situations with the sort of malevolent ferocity which is calculated to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. We don't and it continues to happen to us. I actually quite like the fact that we're nice. But there's a massive downside.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

But CE's of all other clubs would be approaching these situations with the sort of malevolent ferocity which is calculated to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. We don't and it continues to happen to us. I actually quite like the fact that we're nice. But there's a massive downside.
Think that maybe the agreed stance with Webb, behind closed doors I'm sure much, much more was discussed and Webb will be know in no uncertain terms what we as a club think of the current displays by the officials.

The spat between the match fixer and RDZ will no doubt have been extensively discussed. It will be interesting what happens next.

6 match ban and 10 point deduction

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How many club CE's do you hear giving interviews, let alone knowing who other club's CEs are. So where is your knowledge/evidence of other CEs approaching these situations with a malevolent ferocity?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A very close mate was with one of the PL chief execs (not PB) yesterday and in discussing our game that exec said he thought it wouldn’t be long before a club takes legal action. If you were considering legal action, the first thing you might do is seek clarification over the reasons behind the decisions…
It hadn't occurred to me but I think that's an interesting option. I'm not sure that a legal action would be successful, indeed I'm not even sure what success might look like. But it may well be enough to stick a big enough rocket up the arse of PGMOL, force them into having to be answerable for their decisions, and eliminate what really are the most elementary mistakes. Thank f*** these clowns don't run our air traffic control system!

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
It hadn't occurred to me but I think that's an interesting option. I'm not sure that a legal action would be successful, indeed I'm not even sure what success might look like. But it may well be enough to stick a big enough rocket up the arse of PGMOL, force them into having to be answerable for their decisions, and eliminate what really are the most elementary mistakes. Thank f*** these clowns don't run our air traffic control system!
I don't know. Would cut down on Carbon Emissions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here