Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Decision - YES, but first prove there's nowhere else available

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Are you all on drugs??????????

How the hell can this be good news.

Its akin to a prisoner on death row being told that the next gallows delivery has been delayed due to a transport problem.

The useless fat moron has had six months to make a decision, he seemed able to make his mind up over several contaversial supermaket site proposals during that period.

All he has done is delay the process just long enough to ensure that he will not be in office when a decision actually has to made.

Even with the slight chance of Labour hanging on for a third term, Prescott is a dead cert to be re-housed within the cabinet at the next re-shuffle - responsibility successfully passed on there then!!!!

This is a bloody farce. Everyone concerned knows that there are no alternative sites, this is just stalling.

Oh, and by the way, regarding the point of judicial proceedings potentially following a yes decision from Prescott. Not likely... Public enquiries are in nearly all cases the last word, if the ODPM speaks, it happens, or not in this case.

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
I know generally that these sites are unsuitable for various reasons, but can someone list the specific reasons why each of these sites is not suitable so I can shut up the whinging pro-Falmer people at work! I had hell off them this morning but I'm starting to get my own back. I just need specific reasons why each site is unsuitable.

Thanks.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Steph said:
I know generally that these sites are unsuitable for various reasons, but can someone list the specific reasons why each of these sites is not suitable so I can shut up the whinging pro-Falmer people at work! I had hell off them this morning but I'm starting to get my own back. I just need specific reasons why each site is unsuitable.

Thanks.

should find it all here.

http://www.seagulls58.freeserve.co.uk/regulars/falmer.htm

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes Tony W, I agree. Why can't he make a decision? It's pathetic. This is a political move 100%, delaying the final decision until after the next general election so as labour won't lose seats in Brighton. It stinks to high heaven.

I've been a Labour voter all my life but this government makes me sick to my stomach. Shame on you Labour.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
jimmyseagull said:
magoo said:
Best you stay at home then!

So you gonna go and cause trouble then you f***ing mug

calmdowndear.jpg

Calm down dear, it's just a joke.

I was implying, my follically challenged friend, that if there is to be no trouble makers, then YOU should stay at home!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well said Sneaky.

I too have voted Labour all my life, but I'm totally disillusioned with this bunch.

They seem far more concerned with securing the middle class vote than dealing with issues that concern their hardcore supporters.

The boundary between Labour and Conservative policy and thinking is now worryingly thin!!

Past Labour governments would not have shied away from making a decision like the Falmer one.
They would have seen it as an issue of major concern to a great many people, and done something about it - either way!
This lot just bury their heads in the sand and wait for the dust to settle.

Cowards!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
More waiting, but if as reported here turns out to be the case, then it's excellent news.
Falmer is the only site. NIMBYs get used to it, your having a stadium in your back yard.

Brighton Station = Already work underway on Supermarket and housing

Brighton Greyhound Stadium = Not big enough - Period.

Shoreham Harbour = Pitch will get waterlogged!! Seriously where at Shoreham Harbour?? If there is any space than roads links are poor at present so no chance of adding to it.

Sheepcote Valley = Land fill site, can it be used yet? If so transport links are 100 times worse than Falmer.
Toad's Hole Valley - Privately owned. Owner wont sell as its worth 20 times the value if, no when, planning permission for housing is granted.
Waterhall - Although 99% of us would love it there, it's north of the bypass and is green belt, so is a non starter.
Withdean Stadium - It's cramped with 7000 seats, so how do you build a 22,000 stadium there, without having a pitch 5 metres long!

BRING ON FALMER........SOON please

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Although the unsuitability of the other sites mentioned was covered during the Inquiry, my reading of this is that Prescott wants an independent study carried out on each of the alternative sites, as opposed to the one which was carried out by the Albion and the experts it employed to compile the reports explaining their unsuitability.

Is this correct ? Anyone, anyone, Lord B, Bueller ?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The draft press release mentions nothing about INDEPENDENT repoprts.

It just states "the Secretary of State has asked for evidence on the availability and suitability for the proposed development of a number of sites, each assessed against specific criteria. He has also asked whether there are any other sites that could be suitable, having regard to these criteria".

Basically... lets see how bloody long we can drag this farce out!!!!!!!!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As an exiled Sussexionian now living in London, can someone please tell me exactly where Sheepcote Valley is? Are there transport links? Is there space etc ?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
So why does the public inquiry need to be re-opened? Surley JP can just ask for an independant report to be complied on these sites and then decide whether Falmer should be approved. It seems we are just going over old ground again. What benifit does the new public inquiry give? All i can see is that it will just cost loads of money and take up everyones time - The lawyers will be looking forward to yet another pay day!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sneaky George said:
As an exiled Sussexionian now living in London, can someone please tell me exactly where Sheepcote Valley is? Are there transport links? Is there space etc ?
Sheepcote valley is across the road from the Whitehawk estate. It's directly to the north of Brighton Marina. There are no transport links, and will certainly be ruled out for this reason alone.
Another way of locating it, is it is the area next to the start of Brighton Racecourse. Basically it's be used as a land fill site for years, and again another reason why it cannot be used I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here