Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Decision - YES, but first prove there's nowhere else available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
perseus said:

To cut a long story short, if the stadium was located at Sheepcote or Newhaven, it would be a great disincentive for many people because of the difficult journey.

It would only be a disincentive for those to the west of Hove (e.g those in pende)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
No.

It has been made abundantly clear that the club MUST stay within Brighton & Hove. Perseus is from another planet - and what he is suggesting is a franchise football club. The fact that bloody Pende is only eight miles from the centre of Brighton is irrelevant. The scenario with Wimbledon / MK Dons will never be allowed to be repeated.

Percy's calculations as to spectator habitation are also irrelevant.

I am pretty sure that myself and many others - the vast majority - would have great difficulty supporting anyone other than Brighton & Hove Albion. The drop-off figures just wouldn't make the new club viable.

With due respect I believe that this myth about having to be within 8 miles of Brighton is just that a myth. I am sure that you will agree that if I or you or indeed anybody else came up with a plan and the money for a new stadium that was 10 or 12 miles from Brighton the Football League would sanction it. Having said that the club says Falmer so Falmer it must be until JP decides otherwise.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
With due respect I believe that this myth about having to be within 8 miles of Brighton is just that a myth. I am sure that you will agree that if I or you or indeed anybody else came up with a plan and the money for a new stadium that was 10 or 12 miles from Brighton the Football League would sanction it.

The first question being asked by the new Inquiry is: Is it in Brighton & Hove? If the answer is no, it falls down flat and must be rejected. I wasn't alluding to the Football League's 'eight mile rule' (which was at one time genuine), eight miles just happens to be the distance from central Brighton to Pende.

I still believe taking the club out of Brighton & Hove is tantamount to 'franchise football.'

Environmental intiatives do not have to be more expensive and in all cases are obviously more sustainable and in revenue terms are cheaper. With respect to solar panels it is now the norm in Germany and the majority of Nordic countries.

Even the great capitalist Ford have built the world biggest car plant to be totally sustainable with a solar panel roof.

Basically if the economics didn't add up, Ford wouldn't have bothered.

Our mind set in GB is still about 10 years behind most of Europe and 20 years behind more enlightened countries.

Falmer can be energy efficient and in long term the club would be better off.

LC:lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So with the mind set in Brighton about 10 years behind the rest of Britain (how long have Derby, Reading had a new stadium?), and if you mean the Brighton Councillors, (add another ten years on), and for Lewes Council (add another ten years to that), and for Falmer Parish Council (add on at least ten years), and for the West Pier Trust (add on a 100 years) ....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:
With due respect I believe that this myth about having to be within 8 miles of Brighton is just that a myth. I am sure that you will agree that if I or you or indeed anybody else came up with a plan and the money for a new stadium that was 10 or 12 miles from Brighton the Football League would sanction it. Having said that the club says Falmer so Falmer it must be until JP decides otherwise.

I'm sure Dick Knight stated he made an agreement with Prescott that no site outside the city boundary would be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here