The BBC is making a real meal of Mandela's death. No surprise there then.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shocking thread. He was a truly GREAT man.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
OP is on a wind-upI think - one day without news or twenty-seven years without much of anything.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Regular Private Eye readers will know that the Beeb has already block booked hundreds of flights and hotel rooms in SA earlier this year when they thought the great man was going to die, but he pulled through on both occasions.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"Mandela was a great man who I very much admire. Probably one of the world's greatest statesmen."

Is this the same OP who posts stuff like this?

The only brown face on an underground train in India

So you're an Indian off to work on the subway in Bombay or Delhi. You get in a carriage and notice you're the only brown face. The carriage is full of white faces. Are you happy that your country has been taken over by white immigrants? Just asking.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...e-on-an-underground-train-in-India&highlight=

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You are unbelievable. I really hope the Mandela family are taking note. Wouldn't want the funeral to clash with the O'Sullivan vs Selby match. Jesus what about the darts and the mega trucks final too?

You think I am unbelievable, yet, your hope is that the Mandela family are currently taking note of this thread...............

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Shocking thread. He was a truly GREAT man.

Absolutely agree. He was a truly great man. All I am asking is that folks who want to watch the news can watch the news, folks who want to watch a programme exclusively about Mandela are provided with one. Is that too much to ask?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You think I am unbelievable, yet, your hope is that the Mandela family are currently taking note of this thread...............

Are you double bluffing or having a genuine irony-bypass?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely agree. He was a truly great man. All I am asking is that folks who want to watch the news can watch the news, folks who want to watch a programme exclusively about Mandela are provided with one. Is that too much to ask?

You sir are a fool. So what would YOUR 911 coverage have been like? You'd have missed the second tower going down because you'd be covering Mrs Miggins trapped upstairs by a Worcester flood because British people are more interested in the torrential rain than something going on abroad. Or maybe they're not?...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Question Time has just started on BBC2. This was recorded before news of Mandela's death broke.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You sir are a fool. So what would YOUR 911 coverage have been like? You'd have missed the second tower going down because you'd be covering Mrs Miggins trapped upstairs by a Worcester flood because British people are more interested in the torrential rain than something going on abroad. Or maybe they're not?...

You are comparing the death of a very old man with 9-11?? Wow!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Question Time has just started on BBC2. This was recorded before news of Mandela's death broke.

Have they announced it 'free of Mandela' to attract the likes of the OP?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The OP hasn't slagged NM off in the slightest, just the 24 hour type sensationalist news re-showing same things every 5 mins rather than reporting the news. I 100% agree

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The OP hasn't slagged NM off in the slightest, just the 24 hour type sensationalist news re-showing same things every 5 mins rather than reporting the news. I 100% agree

You're misguided as well then. We're not talking about some here today gone tomorrow character. We're talking about someone that will stay in the history books for lifetimes to come.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Have to agree 100% when ileft home to work we were being hit by the worst storm surge for 60 year's, sad as its ment to be ( never met him ) why is the well being and possible safty of uk citezen and needed updates no longer needed. Hope all well on the coasts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports