Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its a bit blowy tonight , meanwhile in other news Brentford announce this seasons pay what you want game is to be Rotherham on the 10th of January .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wet and windy here, but much too mild for any white stuff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Express reporting the worst storm in a century. Good grief.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They must be running out of superlatives to describe the next weather disaster. There can't be a single individual left who actually believes their bullshit anymore.

Based on my Facebook newsfeed there are still a few! Total idiots.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm calling a green Xmas guys. Despite hints from pro forecasters to suggest a pattern change is in the offing I can see nothing in any of the output to suggest this. I'd suggest that we'll be in this pattern until after Xmas now, with low pressures zipping through, so wind and rain, followed by a showery day and then a possible frost, repeat.

Possibly the dominant Azores High might move closer to us, dampening down the rainfall (at least down here) but overall it's average to cool, but never cold for very long.

I hope I'm wrong, and there still is time for a change, but it'll need to start to show itself soon to effect a change by Xmas.

I'm calling a green Xmas guys. Despite hints from pro forecasters to suggest a pattern change is in the offing I can see nothing in any of the output to suggest this. I'd suggest that we'll be in this pattern until after Xmas now, with low pressures zipping through, so wind and rain, followed by a showery day and then a possible frost, repeat.

Possibly the dominant Azores High might move closer to us, dampening down the rainfall (at least down here) but overall it's average to cool, but never cold for very long.

I hope I'm wrong, and there still is time for a change, but it'll need to start to show itself soon to effect a change by Xmas.

Good news.

punk:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is looking more and more like a repeat of last Winter. The Jet stream is in a similar position, ie the worst possible place for any cold weather with atlantic systems starting to rush in, last night, thurs night and then 1 every 3 days for 3 months. I doubt there will be a single flake of snow again this winter. Windy,wet,mild, average 10C by day

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It is looking more and more like a repeat of last Winter. The Jet stream is in a similar position, ie the worst possible place for any cold weather with atlantic systems starting to rush in, last night, thurs night and then 1 every 3 days for 3 months. I doubt there will be a single flake of snow again this winter. Windy,wet,mild, average 10C by day

Perhaps the thread should be renamed to 'No More Snow Ever'

NSC proving global warming, what more proof do you need :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its a bit blowy tonight , meanwhile in other news Brentford announce this seasons pay what you want game is to be Rotherham on the 10th of January .

Why don't they just market it as "anywhere in the ground for a pound" ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Ah, welcome back. I don't share your pessimism, as the setup this winter is already very different synoptically from last, where High Pressure was anchored over Europe, ensuring a continual chain of SW winds. This year the high is more mid-Atlantic allow colder air at times, and frost, which we saw none of last winter.

I am still hopeful of a more blocked outlook to arise later; the question is, how much later?

As an aside to my earlier post - as soon as I posted that a few of the 6Z GFS ensemble members produced a more interesting outlook near Christmas - but it's still very unlikely. IF a trend develops, then maybe I'll review my forecast.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Give it up PL. That way you won't be disappointed. This winter is a write off

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yup, another 20 years like this before a couple more snowy winters I reckon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wet and windy here, but much too mild for any white stuff.

s5d8gl.jpg

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
First snow of the winter here in deepest Lincolnshire. Not alot but enough to cover the lawn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here