Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The albums thread - 2014

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't know his name, but he had a really low voice. They had one hit in the late 80s, I think, called Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Mariella Frostrup, wasn't it?

That Avi Buffalo album is very good. Sort of Santana meets Mercury Rev for a bit of shoegazing.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have had a 'forced' two day break from it ( just so I can listen to something else) but won't last much longer. Enjoy them/him live.

Ha. Love the second track, Memories of You.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Jamie T is back with his new album released today, Carry On The Grudge. 5 years after his last one. It's growing on me, and it's being rated quite highly by critics. But, it doesn't feel like him, but a few good songs nonetheless.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Didn't realise he had a new record out???

Have you been on a holiday to North Korea? Or does Germany just not give a toss about Thommy.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/sep/29/thom-yorke-tomorrows-modern-boxes-review-distribution

My personal review would be very similar to this but I think I need to listen to it more than twice. Very nice, very safe.

"The beauty of the scheme is that any tech-savvy muso with a laptop can do it. And the same, largely, goes for the record. "

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you been on a holiday to North Korea? Or does Germany just not give a toss about Thommy.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/sep/29/thom-yorke-tomorrows-modern-boxes-review-distribution

My personal review would be very similar to this but I think I need to listen to it more than twice. Very nice, very safe.

"The beauty of the scheme is that any tech-savvy muso with a laptop can do it. And the same, largely, goes for the record. "

Oh, so there's a reason why I have not seen it in my local record store. I am not sure I understand all this to be honest. I might have to get a youngster to explain it to me. What happened to good old shops?

Jul 7, 2003
The mighty Half Man Half Biscuit have a new album coming out this month (20th October).

It is called Urge For Offal and according to the official website the track listing is:

Westward Ho! Massive Letdown
This One's For Now
Baguette Dilemma For The Booker Prize Guy
My Outstretched Arms
The Bain Of Constance
Theme Tune For Something Or Other
False Grit
Old Age Killed My Teenage Bride
Urge For Offal
Stuck Up A Hornbeam
Adam Boyle Has Cast Lad Rock Aside
The Unfortunate Gwatkin
Mileage Chart

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The mighty Half Man Half Biscuit have a new album coming out this month (20th October).

It is called Urge For Offal and according to the official website the track listing is:

Westward Ho! Massive Letdown
This One's For Now
Baguette Dilemma For The Booker Prize Guy
My Outstretched Arms
The Bain Of Constance
Theme Tune For Something Or Other
False Grit
Old Age Killed My Teenage Bride
Urge For Offal
Stuck Up A Hornbeam
Adam Boyle Has Cast Lad Rock Aside
The Unfortunate Gwatkin
Mileage Chart

Cant wait for this. Another live date on the coast would be great.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
CDs seem to have been selling around the £10 price for about twenty years now. Totally inflation/deflation proof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here