Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2012-13 food and drink thread - prices, running out, quality and choice etc

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Some people on here have really got to wake up and see which way the wind is blowing, if your constantly complaining about 30p here and there, what the fxxk will you do when the amex buiseness plan calls for 15 to 25 per cent ticket price hikes when were hopefully in the promised land. My average spend is £140 on catering every home game. Once we reach the PL there will be plenty of people to take up the places of all of you who will not to be able to afford it. So a big thankyou and Goodbye to all who keep sniveling about 30 fxckings pence

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's very simple, it really is. From the club's point if view (or any business), the ideal price is the maximum amount that people are prepared to pay. If we charged £10 a pint then people wouldn't pay it, so we'd have reduce it. The club just have to find the right balance.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
WSL was the worst I have ever known today. Beer ran out, pies ran out, coffee ran out, it was pathetic. and all this was at half one! As for the price! I paid £20 for two beers (had to wait ten mins), two burgers And couple of soft drinks. At least three quid more than last season. I was tolerant last year but today took the piss. Not doing that again!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
WSL was the worst I have ever known today. Beer ran out, pies ran out, coffee ran out, it was pathetic. and all this was at half one! As for the price! I paid £20 for two beers (had to wait ten mins), two burgers And couple of soft drinks. At least three quid more than last season. I was tolerant last year but today took the piss. Not doing that again!
I bought a pint and a packet of crisps at 10 past 2 no problem. Stop whining.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Some people on here have really got to wake up and see which way the wind is blowing, if your constantly complaining about 30p here and there, what the fxxk will you do when the amex buiseness plan calls for 15 to 25 per cent ticket price hikes when were hopefully in the promised land. My average spend is £140 on catering every home game. Once we reach the PL there will be plenty of people to take up the places of all of you who will not to be able to afford it. So a big thankyou and Goodbye to all who keep sniveling about 30 fxckings pence

Maybe, but increasing a plastic bottle of Fosters from £3 to £3.70 is out of order and there will be no profit in the increase if customers take their custom elsewhere.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hikes seem a bit steep, but i guess when you factor in the cashback it is not as bad as it looks. Nobody is forced to pay those prices and there is nothing to stop you taking in your own food.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say, despite being very skint, I'm in complete agreement with [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]. It's £3.51 per pint if you use your season ticket, less for fosters. They've got a captive audience and I'm surprised they're not charging more TBH. IIRC it was £4.50 a pint in Stoke and that in a town where you can still get a pint in a pub for £2.50. Even wetherspoons is nearly as expensive these days.

As for the pies, well the steak pies at least, they must have at least 150g of meat in which would cost you a couple of quid in the supermarket alone. Then you've got the pastry, the other ingredients and 20% vat. If they were pukka pies you may have a point.

Last edited:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Azure were deliberately overcharging.

I bought a pint at one of the bars in the North Stand and it was £3.90. I then moved to the last bar nearer the West Stand and it was £4 a pint. I queried this with the bar manager and said that they knew about it and that they had not had the time to change the prices since the Fat Boy Slim concert. She reluctantly gave me back 40p for the four pints I had ordered.This sounds like a fiddle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Over charged soft drinks too

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I bought a pint at one of the bars in the North Stand and it was £3.90. I then moved to the last bar nearer the West Stand and it was £4 a pint. I queried this with the bar manager and said that they knew about it and that they had not had the time to change the prices since the Fat Boy Slim concert. She reluctantly gave me back 40p for the four pints I had ordered.This sounds like a fiddle.

It was £3.90 at the fatboy slim concert.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
£6.10 for pie and a soft drink can't remember how much it was last season someone said £5 that's abit of an increase

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
the bar manager and said that they knew about it and that they had not had the time to change the prices since the Fat Boy Slim concert.

That was ages ago. How many months does it take to change the price of something? I don't recall it taking that long for them to put them up for the FBS concert

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
They tried to charge £7.85 for a pie and pint. wtf. 6.50 last season. They also said till hadn't been updated. I declined the offer.:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here