Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2012-13 food and drink thread - prices, running out, quality and choice etc

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Shocking move from that **** Barber and one that will definitely prove to be a bad move. They will lose more business than the revenue higher prices generate. That's me done with eating at The Amex. Basically £4 for a pie? Barber may as well just bend me over and take all my remaining dignity.

Surprised by that TBH.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Will do the same as last year, drink elsewhere!
Elsewhere is the place where you can sit down, get served easier, have greater selection of real ales and food and will not be anymore expensive.
Vote with your feet.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
At £3.90 a pie, why don't we give pies to our players, instead of wages?

i.e. Vicente's weekly wages £10k = 2,564 pies.

Or buy a new player? Jordan Rhodes £6m = 1,538,000 pies.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
To add to that. You all moan and demand we re-sign Vicente, you demand we sign Bridge, you demand we sign Crofts, and then you complain when the price of a pint goes up by 30p.

Maybe you should either a) pay for the new signings yourself or b) shut the f*** up.

Or, go and watch a shit club in League 2, which I think a lot of people genuinely wish that we still were.

Spot on.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
There's also no snacks or chocolate anymore in the 1901 Club. Disappointing for kids as they don't always want a pie. In regards to the pies, you now have to queue at the bar and order one and they bring it out. They have got rid of the kiosk that sold pies, baguette, crisps and chocolate. I asked and they said they won't be selling snacks all season. Also, I ordered two pies which came to £7.50. I might just have a burger from the van by the station from now on.

Finally, I counted 12 seats in our lounge today which holds 220 people. Lots of unhappy older fans and kids sitting on the floor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's also no snacks or chocolate anymore in the 1901 Club. Disappointing for kids as they don't always want a pie. In regards to the pies, you now have to queue at the bar and order one and they bring it out. They have got rid of the kiosk that sold pies, baguette, crisps and chocolate. I asked and they said they won't be selling snacks all season. Also, I ordered two pies which came to £7.50. I might just have a burger from the van by the station from now on.

Finally, I counted 12 seats in our lounge today which holds 220 people. Lots of unhappy older fans and kids sitting on the floor.

Which lounge was this?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
To add to that. You all moan and demand we re-sign Vicente, you demand we sign Bridge, you demand we sign Crofts, and then you complain when the price of a pint goes up by 30p.

Maybe you should either a) pay for the new signings yourself or b) shut the f*** up.

Or, go and watch a shit club in League 2, which I think a lot of people genuinely wish that we still were.

Thats how i feel about it, its not all one way traffic...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mezzanine Gold North

Sounds crap. I'm in a different lounge, I did not go today but I wonder what surprises are in store for my first game.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Sounds crap. I'm in a different lounge, I did not go today but I wonder what surprises are in store for my first game.

The reason we have these seats is because the old man isn't getting any younger and has problems with his knees and back. Therefore he likes to get there early on a quieter train so we can chill before the game in the lounge. Got there early today and there was already nowhere to sit! You don't get a seat afterwards now unless you are as fast as a cheetah on speed

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
For the record, I'm by no means being ungrateful. I know how far we have come as a club. The thought of having lounges like this three years ago would have been laughed at. It's just a case of being a bit frustrated, for the old man really.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Felt sorry for this guy serving in north stand outlet, by block d.

1.15pm approx, cant have serve many. Sweating like he was in a sauna and rubbing his head like he was going to explode. Told me 'I have to get out of this place'.

Poor sod, must have had a real shit day

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Felt sorry for this guy serving in north stand outlet, by block d.

1.15pm approx, cant have serve many. Sweating like he was in a sauna and rubbing his head like he was going to explode. Told me 'I have to get out of this place'.

Poor sod, must have had a real shit day

At 1:15? He's probably in intensive care by now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Loving the price increases, should cut down on all that bloody queuing now everyone else is going to eat and drink elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here