The 2012-13 food and drink thread - prices, running out, quality and choice etc

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
£3.90 a pint, about the same as it is in London, and about 30p more a pint than in Brighton town centre. Don't see how you can argue with that really, find me a football ground that sells alcohol at the same price it sells in the town.

Say you have an average of 3 pints per game, that equates to 90p more per game, or £20.70 more a season than drinking in the town. If you can afford £400 for a season ticket, but can't afford £420, then I suggest you need some help with your financial planning.

But the club are trying to encourage fans to stay behind for a beer and a snack to ease transport queues. These hikes aren't helping at all.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's counter productive, if like me you used to stay behind and get in early. Now I won't, I might have 1 before or 1 after. That's it. I used to have about 5 pints at the Amex. It's just a principle. If they think they can take the piss with price hikes, then some other business can get my cash. Like a nice pub, not a cold concourse in December.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To add to that. You all moan and demand we re-sign Vicente, you demand we sign Bridge, you demand we sign Crofts, and then you complain when the price of a pint goes up by 30p.

Maybe you should either a) pay for the new signings yourself or b) shut the f*** up.

Or, go and watch a shit club in League 2, which I think a lot of people genuinely wish that we still were.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
£3.90 a pint, about the same as it is in London, and about 30p more a pint than in Brighton town centre. Don't see how you can argue with that really, find me a football ground that sells alcohol at the same price it sells in the town.

Say you have an average of 3 pints per game, that equates to 90p more per game, or £20.70 more a season than drinking in the town. If you can afford £400 for a season ticket, but can't afford £420, then I suggest you need some help with your financial planning.

This.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Prices may just be higher for the chelski fans today but why not message Insider on here; email the club; start a twitter campaign........................... do something about it!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Think I'll be having a few pints at the Queens head instead and maybe one in the concourse before the game, takes the piss.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm not thrilled with the increases either, but bearing in mind what I pay for my season ticket another £1 a week on a pie and a pint I can handle. IMO at least the food is pretty decent for a football ground. A few weeks ago I spent £8 at the O2 for a pint and something that resembled a slice of pizza. I'd rather the club make a bit extra money at my expense if it means us pushing on. We all hate price increases but at least we now have a decent stadium, decent squad of players, and much better food than before. I'll take the price increase, but I do understand not everyone will agree.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All these people boycotting the food will make the queues shorter then!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
£3.90 a pint is what I'd expect to be paying. Won't put me off pre and post match beers. Plenty of pubs about charging similar (mind you not normally for Fosters).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To add to that. You all moan and demand we re-sign Vicente, you demand we sign Bridge, you demand we sign Crofts, and then you complain when the price of a pint goes up by 30p.

i agree with the sentiment but think you go a bit far. like these price hikes.

people have budgets. if 2x 30p means going over budget, then they might just have one instead. or none. this sort of jump in pricing is very risky as it will cause people react, even if they can afford it. every person who decides to not bother means the revenue increase of 3-4 others is offset. a 5-10% rise would be more accepted, expected even. 28% is pretty outrageous (£2.50 for soft drinks is out right criminal, anywhere.) and in the currnet climate i wouldnt be surprised if the club losses revenue from this.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
i agree with the sentiment but think you go a bit far. like these price hikes.

people have budgets. if 2x 30p means going over budget, then they might just have one instead. or none. this sort of jump in pricing is very risky as it will cause people react, even if they can afford it. every person who decides to not bother means the revenue increase of 3-4 others is offset. a 5-10% rise would be more accepted, expected even. 28% is pretty outrageous (£2.50 for soft drinks is out right criminal, anywhere.) and in the currnet climate i wouldnt be surprised if the club losses revenue from this.

Spot on - 5-10% increase fair enough, but 28% very poor show, could now be counter productive

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

Maybe you should either a) pay for the new signings yourself or b) shut the f*** up.

Or, go and watch a shit club in League 2, which I think a lot of people genuinely wish that we still were.

I don't agree. We got the money to keep Vicente and buy players like Bridge and Crofts because of the revenue generated over the LAST season, surely? Season tickets sales for 25000 people, along with tours and sponsorship / TV contracts are the main source of the club's budget, not snacks bought.

I think this is a sudden increase that will just push away trade and sales (at least form what this thread is suggesting). It is just a profit-boosting scheme, that could pave the way for further increases in future.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011

A pint of Harveys is still £3-00 in a lot of places

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Oh dear.

Just paid £12.80 for 2 pies and 2 soft drinks. An increase of 28% from last season. Suffice to say I won't be eating or drinking again here this season. £230 a season the club have lost from just me alone.

£2.50 for a soft drink and £3.90 for a pie.

The club has some serious explaining to do.

All the time people pay these prices the club are laughing. It needs a coordinated approach to lodge a protest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here