The 2012-13 food and drink thread - prices, running out, quality and choice etc

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some people on here have really got to wake up and see which way the wind is blowing, if your constantly complaining about 30p here and there, what the fxxk will you do when the amex buiseness plan calls for 15 to 25 per cent ticket price hikes when were hopefully in the promised land. My average spend is £140 on catering every home game. Once we reach the PL there will be plenty of people to take up the places of all of you who will not to be able to afford it. So a big thankyou and Goodbye to all who keep sniveling about 30 fxckings pence

You sir, are about as obnoxious as a corporate banker who is still oblivious to the general publics dislike of bankers!

I ain't no skinflint, I enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle, I drive a nice car, and I occassionally take the piss out of whingers,. Hands up, I'm guilty of the above.

You are a f**king cockjuggling thunderc**t! Firstly you are either a obese glutton (should be shot) if you spend 140 quid on catering per match, or a 'I am considerably wealthier than you' lying wind up merchant. I hope you are in the latter category

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Last season used to buy me and Mrs Earle a pie and a soft drink each and a bag of jelly babies for ongoing sustenance. Suspected a price hike today, so had lunch first and took a flask, bottled water and Randoms. Eventually shared a bottle of Fosters, but that's all today. May buy a pie at evening matches, but too be honest if you miss dinner before a match, the pies are too small without chips. So I guess that's £12/£15 a match lost from me now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] may wanna have a look. Really worried about where the club is heading with pricing. Would rather not watch prem lg footbal than have football turn all money money money at Albion I really would.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have nothing against the £3.90 fee for the pints. That is just about reasonable and is ok. But £3.90 for a pie? Even including the 10% cashback that is too much and I can't cover that. I was having two pies a match last season, average. Just can't do it this time, I'm disappointed by the hike but specifically not suprised. It is a poor commercial decision by whichever person made it. I'm glad [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] has already been tagged in this thread, can't miss it now. Not having a go at you, you understand. It's just a sad reflection of the path we're taking. 10 pies sold at £3.50 is worth more than 6 at £3.90.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Two home games a month, maybe three. Happy to pay an extra 60p for my beer and another 20p for my pie a month. I think -- without checking -- my budget can stretch to an extra £1 a month for this...

Mr M

Nov 1, 2009
Sorry but this club is now run by a bunch of money grabbing bastards, getting themselves ready for the Premier League where the pound sign is god. This price hike on catering, the £30.00 rip-off 'travel supplement payment' (even if you walk or cycle to the stadium for f####s sake!), no park and ride for Michel Kuipers' game cos it must cost them a bit, £30.00 to watch a friendly match (European Champions or not (not that they played like it!)). Don't they know there's a recession on and most fans are finding it harder and harder to afford to go to games?. Yes they know, but they don't care because the pound sign is god.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Sorry but this club is now run by a bunch of money grabbing bastards, getting themselves ready for the Premier League where the pound sign is god. This price hike on catering, the £30.00 rip-off 'travel supplement payment' (even if you walk or cycle to the stadium for f####s sake!), no park and ride for Michel Kuipers' game cos it must cost them a bit, £30.00 to watch a friendly match (European Champions or not (not that they played like it!)). Don't they know there's a recession on and most fans are finding it harder and harder to afford to go to games?. Yes they know, but they don't care because the pound sign is god.

Have we heard there is no park and ride for Tuesday: thought it wasn't decided yet?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last year's prices were expensive, but I didn't mind paying, knowing it ultimately goes towards the player budget in a competitive division.

If there's an increase greater than 5% on that, I simply won't buy food there anymore, and just stick to drinks.

I love the Club, but I'm not prepared for match days to become ridiculously expensive.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't like it don't pay it! Simple as!

How many of you lot moaning own a replica shirt? Do you think that is good value for money?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You sir, are about as obnoxious as a corporate banker who is still oblivious to the general publics dislike of bankers!

I ain't no skinflint, I enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle, I drive a nice car, and I occassionally take the piss out of whingers,. Hands up, I'm guilty of the above.

You are a f**king cockjuggling thunderc**t! Firstly you are either a obese glutton (should be shot) if you spend 140 quid on catering per match, or a 'I am considerably wealthier than you' lying wind up merchant. I hope you are in the latter category

tell it how it is!

fair play to you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports