Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno, Vicente and CMS due at press conference today

D

Deleted member 22389

This press conference should be on Seagulls Player?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know transfer fees are not the only cost, but according to Sky News last night, Reading only spent £1.74M - far less than us.

But I'm guessing in the previous FIVE seasons before that, they spent more than us EVERY season? They've built up a quality squad over a LOT longer timeframe than us.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
This season, we have be gloriously and consistently inconsistent.

No defeat for the first eight games, then no wins in nine, then four wins in five, then four straight defeats, then undefeated in 14, now no wins in seven...

Mad, but you know - f*** it...

I like the cut of your jib.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
You can't force media to embargo something if it's already been said in public. Although if there is something The Argus will probably stick to embargo, and the club seems to prefer releasing stuff on a Satdi morning, in the same way The FA does on Satdi evenings.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
But I'm guessing in the previous FIVE seasons before that, they spent more than us EVERY season? They've built up a quality squad over a LOT longer timeframe than us.

Plus of course the odd parachute payment from the Premiership might mean that they can afford to keep their quality players, not flog them to Norwich ( Crofts ) or errrr Norwich ( again ) ( Bennett ).

I'll remind everyone that Reading were losing play-off finalists last season, so there really wasn't anything wrong with their squad to start with.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I know transfer fees are not the only cost, but according to Sky News last night, Reading only spent £1.74M - far less than us.

That's a bit too simplistic a comparison. What did they spend in the seasons before this on players who are still there?

What did they pay in signing-on fees, and what are they spending on wages? Could be much more than us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This season, we have be gloriously and consistently inconsistent.

No defeat for the first eight games, then no wins in nine, then four wins in five, then four straight defeats, then undefeated in 14, now no wins in seven...

Mad, but you know - f*** it...

Agree sure if had gone WDL WDL WDL etc I would have a completely different outlook on things

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
That's a bit too simplistic a comparison. What did they spend in the seasons before this on players who are still there?

What did they pay in signing-on fees, and what are they spending on wages? Could be much more than us.

I doubt you'll ever get John Madjeski to reveal the real figures, he's far too canny for that.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Everyone has had a season to work us out. Even if we strengthen, we could find it a load harder simply because successful tactics against us this season will be more widely adopted. We've been a bit of an unknown quantity, and while it is always tough, it is going to be tougher still. I actually worry for us a bit next season unless we strengthen the spine of our team from the keeper to the centre forward.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here