Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno, Vicente and CMS due at press conference today

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
We all agreed that the quotes would be embargoed until Saturday, and without breaking that embargo, I'd say that Albion fans will enjoy Brian Owen's Argus interview.

When I spoke to theboyVicente back in September, when he was hardly playing because of injury, his body language was terrible and he came across as a miserable so-and-so. It was completely different today, he looked relaxed and even smiled a couple of times.

I reckon he is shy. Did you notice he applauded the fans after the match on Tuesday, perhaps he is begining to enjoy it here? Perhaps we should start a "Pray For Vincente" campaign? After all it worked for Muamba!

Aug 23, 2011
Totally agree. QPR will rip this league a new one if they come down. Cash to burn and already loaded with good premiership players, plus a manager who has done pretty well his entire career. I think we are going to struggle to do anywhere near as well next season without some big players coming in.

I agree, QPR would do what West Ham should have done with their players except they won't have the hinderance of Big Sam, but then you never kinow in football

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Although everyone at QPR is soiling themselves that there are apparently no exit clauses in the contracts taking into consideration the possibility of relegation. Two people I work with who are QPR fans reckon they are very possibly staring at adminsitration without a massive injection of cash - not on players - just to keep the club afloat. But who knows?

I did not think we would compete with the likes of Derby, Cardiff, Ipswich, Forest - and we have. And I am sure there will be new blood coming in. I'd rather be fighting for mid-table in this league than walking off with League One at a canter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We all agreed that the quotes would be embargoed until Saturday, and without breaking that embargo, I'd say that Albion fans will enjoy Brian Owen's Argus interview.

When I spoke to theboyVicente back in September, when he was hardly playing because of injury, his body language was terrible and he came across as a miserable so-and-so. It was completely different today, he looked relaxed and even smiled a couple of times.

DELIGHTED to hear. Sounds very promising.

D

Deleted member 22389

Although everyone at QPR is soiling themselves that there are apparently no exit clauses in the contracts taking into consideration the possibility of relegation. Two people I work with who are QPR fans reckon they are very possibly staring at adminsitration without a massive injection of cash - not on players - just to keep the club afloat. But who knows?

I did not think we would compete with the likes of Derby, Cardiff, Ipswich, Forest - and we have. And I am sure there will be new blood coming in. I'd rather be fighting for mid-table in this league than walking off with League One at a canter.

Not putting them down, but I don't get how QPR survive financially. Their wage bills must be horrendous. The people running these clubs have very deep pockets.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Which doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of whether he wants to stay or go, but I thought you'd like to know ...

that doesnt sound like an announcement then.........:( but hopeful i suppose......???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even if- and I can't believe it's true for a second- that QPR have no relegation exit clauses in players' contracts, do you really think someone like Barton would hang around if they went down? Just because a player's under contract doesn't mean he'll stay, it just meant it's easier for him to leave when he wants to.

They would lose some players- Paddy Kenny for one is likely to go to Leeds because Warnock always signs him, wherever he manages.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I have a feeling they may announce Vicente signing a new contract on Saturday at half-time, just got that feeling..

At half-time everyone will be queueing for the loo! :)

I reckon a not-so-subtle 5 minutes before kick off, during reading the line-ups out "...Number 15: Vicente, who by the way signed a new contract this week! Number 25....

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

I reckon a not-so-subtle 5 minutes before kick off, during reading the line-ups out "...Number 15: Vicente, who by the way signed a new contract this week! Number 25....

Preceded by "And substitutes for the Albion today are........"

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
this chance we had (being 4th with a few games to go) may not come around for a while - it really was a big chance - but if we did go up we would have lost most games in the prem - it is probably better to build and go up ready to stay up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think it might be a bit more subtler than that "Number 14 , Vicente , sorry number 15 , number 14 is his number for next season"

D

Deleted User X18H

Which doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of whether he wants to stay or go, but I thought you'd like to know ...

Although he did start peering at his watch when he heard the other lads going out to train. Which is good. Keen and all that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Even if- and I can't believe it's true for a second- that QPR have no relegation exit clauses in players' contracts, do you really think someone like Barton would hang around if they went down? Just because a player's under contract doesn't mean he'll stay, it just meant it's easier for him to leave when he wants to.

You mean just like he didn't stay at Newcastle when they went down?

D

Deleted User X18H

Having read some of the translated version I suggest a visit to the news agent a must tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here