Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer update

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Heineken-Fosters (one company) do indeed have the pouring rights and I suspect you may well be right on this. I did meet up with a couple of Heineken people a while ago and this is the list they showed me. At the very least we should be able to get them to provide chosen items from the list (again, as long as sales figures back us up) Whether there is any further leeway for other products is something for Elliott to tell me since he negotiated the contract with them. I shall direct him to this thread on Monday and should have further info soon.

Is there an update posted anywhere?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I went to The Quadrant and it doesnt have Hophead now it is not on the eir beer list for this month. Mostly WJ King beers, which I quite like but defeats the object of going in there.

So went to the Evening Star, the beer was ok nothing brilliant but better than Harveys but for my taste it was too cold. Notters description of the pub was very apt what a dive everything wrong with it. I cannot remember ever running or even visiting such a run down place and I started in the docks of the east end of London. As I said my beer was OK as was my wifes lager but that is where the credit stops. If that is CAMRA pub of the year god help the worst mind you I have a distinct view on CAMRA and their members knowledge, which I have gained through vast experience but I could never piut it on here.

I am not sure whether I would take to Hophead or not so I shall have to go to the Partridge in Partridge Green to give it another try before deciding.

For someone who has spent so long running pubs, you are not exactly open to consideration.

Notters, incidentally, is exceptionally and tediously biased about Dark Star, especially when comparing it to Harvey's.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I drink real ale and am in a quandry because as has been said on here before I do not like Harveys either the taste or subscribing to giving them money and when ever I have had Dark Star I have found it rather heavy and in most cases strong. Do they sell a 'session' bitter that is palatable and you are able to have a few pints without getting a thick head.

Just to outrage the cider drinkers I have always found in my pubs that cider drinklers who drank great amounts regularly, have to be very particular about personal hygiene as it tends to get in the pores and when they sweat they smell of stale cider unless they are very careful. I found this particularly with customers who drank Addlestones Cider.

According to the doctors report on BBC today... you should only be drinking 1.5 units a day, or 10 a week :laugh:

BBC News - People over 65 should drink less, a report says

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There really are some pompous drink snobs around.
Why if one person enjoys a particular drink do some have to be so condescending.

C'mon what else are you snobby about, or is it just other peoples choice of tipple ?

Perhaps those with such strong opinions should give us all a guide as to what beverages the drinks police think we should avoid to stop us being inferior drinkers !

Funny, isn't it? It makes me laugh that because some people prefer cold, fizzy lager to warm, flat, heavy Ale they are somehow inferior. I don't like real Ale, it's vile. I have tried to like it but I just cant. Give me an ice cold pint of Peroni any day. If I want something heavy and room temperature I'll have a nice glass of Malbec instead.

I also find most real Ale drinkers to be boring, pompous old twats with red cheeks who think they are better than everyone else. No surprise NSC is full of them.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
10% off if using your smartcard (aka. season ticket) for hospitality AND kiosks.
Makes concourse beer prices very reasonable indeed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here