Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer update

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Hi all. Update on the beer front after talking to Rob at Dark Star and Elliott at the club. To begin with we'll have three hand pumps in the supporters' bar - Hophead, Harvey's Best and a special. I've asked Dark Star to brew a special to celebrate the first League game and Rob is most keen to do so.....!
Once we have proved that we'll drink enough beer (!!) more hand pumps can be added with different beers. Obviously it'd be good to have some of the away fans' local beer (which they'll get in their end) in our bar too. Needless to say there will be plenty of lager and other drinks available as well!
As well as the fans' mosaic in the bar there will be photography by Stewart Weir (the man behind 'More than Ninety Minutes') and portraits of some of our greatest players in glass by local artist Mike Payne - I haven't seen them but Martin Perry says they are 'fabulous'.

Around the stadium for us real ale drinkers there will be Harvey's and Dark Star on draught (served via polypins, which is easier for beer dispense) and in bottles too. Heinken-Fosters are in charge of the lagers.

I think the whole experience is going to be rather good!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. There are 2 choices of nats piss already. Drink responsibly. Drink beer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ridiculously, I haven't kept up with this. Where is the supporters' bar located - and will it be accessible to all home fans irrespective of where their seats are?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great news Attila, thanks. I don't think we'll have any problem selling all that ale. My only concern is being able to get in there. Is there any way it can be expanded in the long term if it's very successful?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Thanks for the update, John

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I might go to the sportsman for a pint of mediocre Stella. It'll be the first time in 12 years I won't have had to queue. Then i'll get the bus to the Amex!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
All sounds marvellous, so glad we've got Harveys :clap:

Regarding the art, Warren (Gripper Stebson on here) took some photos of the greatest players' portraits the other day, and they look brilliant. The mosaic is at the printers as we speak! So excited, wish the season would start tomorrow!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here