Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All I take from articles like that is that is further proof that society today has become so ridiculously pathetic and soft that the very idea that something has hurt someone's feeling or made them a little upset is virtually akin to murder.
It seems like we've bred a generation of people who believe they are blameless for anything in their life they don't like or disagree with. But are determined to be 'offended' by anything and everything at every possible opportunity.
The fact the thread is about a protest group against papers like the mail.....it's no surprise the numbers of complaints are up as there are so many more 'victims' of hurt feelings or even worse.....the offended!

What a moronic comment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So who exactly do you think represents the 'ordinary' people? (Apart from people that agree with you, of course).

Because ordinary people are some kind of homogenized mass who all think the same way. NSC is full of ordinary people and we can't agree on anything

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All I take from articles like that is that is further proof that society today has become so ridiculously pathetic and soft that the very idea that something has hurt someone's feeling or made them a little upset is virtually akin to murder.
It seems like we've bred a generation of people who believe they are blameless for anything in their life they don't like or disagree with. But are determined to be 'offended' by anything and everything at every possible opportunity.
The fact the thread is about a protest group against papers like the mail.....it's no surprise the numbers of complaints are up as there are so many more 'victims' of hurt feelings or even worse.....the offended!

this has all come about with the "blossoming" of social media in my opinion ...everyone gets to voice their opinion and when the opinions differ and heated debate ensues it is labelled cyber bullying and must be stamped out.....stamp out debate , all think the same......got to work , buy your groceries and as your health deteriorates in later life , queue up at the doctors to get your prescriptions , cynical view i know but western society runs on the principals of debt , ill health and meddling in other cultures business.imho.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
this has all come about with the "blossoming" of social media in my opinion ...everyone gets to voice their opinion and when the opinions differ and heated debate ensues it is labelled cyber bullying and must be stamped out.....stamp out debate , all think the same......got to work , buy your groceries and as your health deteriorates in later life , queue up at the doctors to get your prescriptions , cynical view i know but western society runs on the principals of debt , ill health and meddling in other cultures business.imho.

Agree that social media doesn't help but I don't agree with some of your other comments. There is plenty of heated debate on the internet and I don't think many are too concerned about that but there are a very small minority who go way to far with vile comments and threats. With free speech comes responsibility as well. They should go hand in hand. If the DM prints an article then others have the right to criticize it, protest about it and, in some cases, withdraw their advertising revenue. In America, the protests from a very small number of the population are nothing less than Trump was inciting in his own supporters should he have lost.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I agree with the second part of your comment but I don't recall any instances of heated debate being labelled cyber bullying. They are two pretty distinct things from what I can see.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Unless you have other statistics, I think you will find that the 36% is the percentage of total complaints that are attributable to the DM.

i wonder how factual that table actually is
zero complaints in 2013 against the express or sunday express.....seems a bit iffy.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Indeed mate, agree with that!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can protest all they want, and you couldn't be more right....a democracy does mean free speech!
But protesting against that free speech by embarking on some sort of crusade to label anyone or anything that doesn't sign up to their ideas or dares to put the other side of the argument out there as some sort of (insert word here)ophobe or (insert word here)ist is now wearing so thin....as per the title of the thread...it's pathetic!
Like I've said in my second post....my point is not about the actual arguement but the over the top labelling.

Inserting words is exactly what you're doing.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really?..please explain!

embarking on some sort of crusade to label anyone or anything that doesn't sign up to their ideas or dares to put the other side of the argument out there as some sort of (insert word here)ophobe or (insert word here)ist is now wearing so thin....as per the title of the thread...it's pathetic!

So that's their mission is it? Or are you saying that's what it is?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
So that's their mission is it? Or are you saying that's what it is?

Well actually if you don't think they're on some crusade to label any newspaper they don't like as any kind of (ist) or (ophobe) then you've really lost the plot of the thread. I couldn't give a flying fvck about their mission. I'm saying the whole labelling of something as racist, hateful or whatever label you want to put on it because it doesn't suit your beliefs and to try and publicly try and make companies in some way feel it's bad to be associated with that paper is pathetic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm saying the whole labelling of something as racist, hateful or whatever label you want to put on it because it doesn't suit your beliefs and to try and publicly try and make companies in some way feel it's bad to be associated with that paper is pathetic.

And angrily and anonymously typing away on a football thread isn't pathetic in the slightest is it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well actually if you don't think they're on some crusade to label any newspaper they don't like as any kind of (ist) or (ophobe) then you've really lost the plot of the thread. I couldn't give a flying fvck about their mission. I'm saying the whole labelling of something as racist, hateful or whatever label you want to put on it because it doesn't suit your beliefs and to try and publicly try and make companies in some way feel it's bad to be associated with that paper is pathetic.

The premise of the thread is inaccurate. Unless you can offer evidence that this group are doing what you suggest then W.C. Is correct and you are inserting your ideas of their intention with no basis in fact.

If this group were merely rallying against those who disagree with them then surely they would be targeting quality right leaning papers too.

D

Deleted member 22389

One of the most ridiculous campaigns of 2016. The more people carry on with this pathetic shit, the more divided we will become.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Just been reading up on this utterly pathetic campaign.
Another bunch of idiotic politically correct morons labelling anything and everything they don't like or disagree with as "HATE" in some crusade against the free speech (and sometimes factually reporting) press!
These are the vocal minority who like to spout off about democracy and freedoms unless of course you dare to have the audacity to disagree with their right on beliefs.
Yet even now..especially this week they still cannot see the damage they do to their argument by thinking that labelling anything they dislike as 'hate' and labelling people who disagree with them as 'racists, bigots, blah blah blah'
These sort of people turned the Brexit vote into labelling war...deciding anyone voting to leave is racist and that they should in some way be morally ashamed......well look what happened there!!
Anyone who thought Trump should win the American election was labelled "Deplorable" and god knows what else....and look what happened there!
Couldn't really give a toss about the yanks election...I disliked both of them equally....however became sick to the back teeth of on a daily basis listening to some luvvie actor/actress/musician spouting off and taking the piss out of Trump because they think it's right on and makes them a 'great guy'!!
Supposedly fighting against 'hate'...or opinions that differ from theirs as we would call it!
However their 'hate' towards any paper they don't like is apparently....ok????

You're allowed your opinion, their allowed theirs, and i'm allowed mine.

Mine is that this is a very emotional piece of writing, with a fair amount of mind reading.
Comes across as a bit hypocritical, as your piece is against their right to free speech. Your post is also full of labels, something else which you write against.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So it's subjective then as to whether it's good or bad?

300 years ago burning witches at the stake may have seemed a good idea, these days perhaps not.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree with the second part of your comment but I don't recall any instances of heated debate being labelled cyber bullying. They are two pretty distinct things from what I can see.
i am not calling out cyber bullying in the context of any political debate.......i am saying that the now early twenty somethings have been bought up on probably 6 hours of social media a day.....facebook , snapchat , twitter, tumbler etc etc......it is so much easier to type bollocks on a message forum than say it face to face....in my opinion we are going to be dealing with a lot of maladjusted people in the coming years....i think social media has a lot to do with that , the yoof of today seem to be barely capable of speaking properly, let alone interact with other generations....strange situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports