Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
not at all.....we are mostly adult fans of the same football club who are here to discuss results , news and anything else we chose to discuss as adults , can you see the difference between us and 14 & 15 year olds spending 5 hrs a day on instagram or facebook........or a nine year old spending his entire weekend playing mine craft and actually getting stressed out over his score....?? these are real and quite common occurrences and it is as much to do do with the parents as it is do do with the kids........we are clearly approaching this subject from completely different angles and i'm starting to wonder if you are being deliberately obtuse....do you have kids of your own....feel free not to answer if you don't want to.

What you are describing here is poor parenting and not the fault of social media. The effects of poor parenting is a constant in our society. Luckily I think what you describe is not the norm.

Not being obtuse, just don't see what you see.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So they are not targeting quality right leaning papers then. This suggests to me that it is more than just about whether they agree with them or not. Clearly they have an issue with the methodology that the three papers share.

Personally I think it is good that companies are starting to consider who they are linking their brand to. And that people are considering theses things when making their purchases. We don't have much power in the modern capitalist world and it is about time we exercised what we do have and made considered choices when spending our moment

and you are comfortable with these companies being forced to change their strategy via online pressure because the pressure group doesnt like the opinion of the newspaper.......really fishy?........can you hear what you sound like?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
obviously done him no harm then........parents get the job of bringing the kids up......some people occupy and teach their kids on a daily basis .....some give them an ipad at the age of 3.......!!

It's so they have something to do when they go in the pub..

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
i didnt say shut down their opinion that would indeed be hypocritical, i literally just said though a better option would be to form your own publication and counter opinions you dont agree with. debate is far healthier than shutting down opinions you dont agree with.

seeing that their game is to hurt these papers with revenue stream what purpose are they serving if to not ultimately change their opinion or shut them down.......surely they arnt doing it for lols

The DM is on the far end of the spectrum when it comes to the mainstream rags, personally i don't particularly like their style of reporting: they use lot's of emotive words; they rarely report on stories that go against their agenda; they generally have very few facts in their articles. (Yes i do count when i have read it, sad i know...).

Anything that turns the volume down on the emotion, so facts (rather than opinions) can get some airtime is alright by me.

That being said i find the extreme SJW's just as bad...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What you are describing here is poor parenting and not the fault of social media. The effects of poor parenting is a constant in our society. Luckily I think what you describe is not the norm.

Not being obtuse, just don't see what you see.

I see it,i see it everywhere,though to be fair i work on the streets all over Sussex.......i just try not to look for it.

Kids and parenting? The Sea will always reflect the color of the sky,the same analogy can be used with kids & parenting.

Edit: i may just add that it is a relative small percentage.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and you are comfortable with these companies being forced to change their strategy via online pressure because the pressure group doesnt like the opinion of the newspaper.......really fishy?........can you hear what you sound like?

No one is forcing anyone to do anything here.

And this is about far more than simply not liking the opinions of the Papers on question. This is about those papers presenting said opinions as news, not to mention furthering their own agendas through the guise as news.

People don't like this type of'journalism' and are making a stand against it. I have no problem with this.

If they tried the same thing with the telegraph and the times they would be laughed out of here and right so.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

And this is about far more than simply not liking the opinions of the Papers on question. This is about those papers presenting said opinions as news, not to mention furthering their own agendas through the guise as news.

People don't like this type of'journalism' and are making a stand against it. I have no problem with this.

If they tried the same thing with the telegraph and the times they would be laughed out of here and right so.

the group in question are claiming they have forced lego after pressure to change their advertising policy with the mail

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

My curiosity has been arisen with your "signature" if we had more Robin Hoods this could be a good thing,because it would mean the poor are getting something (probably) theirs back from the rich,but that would mean to get that would raise the possibility of conflict,conflict could increase the the need for more Florence's,in the short to medium term.

The long term effect could mean that there would in theory be less Nightingales as the restlessness and suffering subsides and then,we would possibly have too many Robin hoods,who in turn would forget who they are and become the new Rich?

I am just waffling....as you were.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My curiosity has been arisen with your "signature" if we had more Robin Hoods this could be a good thing,because it would mean the poor are getting something (probably) theirs back from the rich,but that would mean to get that would raise the possibility of conflict,conflict could increase the the need for more Florence's,in the short to medium term.

The long term effect could mean that there would in theory be less Nightingales as the restlessness and suffering subsides and then,we would possibly have too many Robin hoods,who in turn would forget who they are and become the new Rich?

I am just waffling....as you were.

Waffling on NSC, what ever next?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
the group in question are claiming they have forced lego after pressure to change their advertising policy with the mail

Yeah right, they have forced the hand of one of the biggest companies on the planet. Nice PR speak, I would say.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lego made a NETT profit (was it from kids pocket money?) in 2015 of $1.34 Billion dollars....hmmmmmmmm

It's all well and good to have a go at the Daily Mail (i have read it about 3 times in my whole life) or praise Lego (love the stuff and have purchased it) and i agree with Lego on this issue-further i voted Leave in the referendum...

But the bigger picture could be looked into too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah right, they have forced the hand of one of the biggest companies on the planet. Nice PR speak, I would say.

you could of course be right, Lego may have done this off their own back and completely out of the blue and its nothing to do with the big social media campaign to try and force them to change their mind that has been going on, that is simply a coincidence.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i can tell you one thing for certain, if there is a debate to be had you are far more likely to pick up valuable real information from both sides on NSC than you would in the media

I think we can all agree on that!!

One stop shop, as they say down here :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you could of course be right, Lego may have done this off their own back and completely out of the blue and its nothing to do with the big social media campaign to try and force them to change their mind that has been going on, that is simply a coincidence.

probably some shades of grey between the two Pasta.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No one is forcing anyone to do anything here[/B].

How very strange - they are claiming precisely this with Lego! When you say "people", I assume you mean you and your friends in the UK, whom you like to quote to lend some credence. Whether you like it or not, the DM is read by millions, who presumably don't mind "this type of journalism", as you somewhat pompously put it. Making a stand against something is one thing, but adopting a tactic designed purely to close down publications you do not agree with, is another. But then that is and always has been the tactic of the usual rag tag professional protestors, who throughout my life have been as loud and determinedly one-sided as they are unrepresentative.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
probably some shades of grey between the two Pasta.

i suspect you really wish that to be true
the thought of an online pressure group trying to shut down debate of the free press should give everyone shivers.....even you fishy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports