STH only. Are you going Saturday?

• Yes

Votes: 254 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 197 43.7%

• Total voters

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am considering moving from my usual ESU seats to the North and getting some money back as well! Only trouble is, will there be an atmosphere in the North with a lot of regulars missing? Thinking about it, it might be better!:ohmy::)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope

£39 (ticket) + £30 (train) = £69 - £10 beer + armchair = £59 saved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many season ticket holders do we have now? Is it 17k plus 3,300 corporate?

If this poll were completely representative (obviously its not) that would mean 9,520,plus 3,300 plus 2,000 Newcastle, (total 15,000) before even starting to count any additional sales to non STHs. I still think the doom mongers are going to be a little surprised*

*although they won't admit it, of course. They'll still try to paint a crowd of 24k or so, as 'shit', even though it will be one of the highest in the country...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If this poll were completely representative (obviously its not) that would mean 9,520,plus 3,300 plus 2,000 Newcastle, (total 15,000) before even starting to count any additional sales to non STHs. I still think the doom mongers are going to be a little surprised*

*although they won't admit it, of course. They'll still try to paint a crowd of 24k or so, as 'shit', even though it will be one of the highest in the country...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this poll is pretty representative, which, given the likely attendance, is actually a positive as it illustrates how many non-STH are still out there wanting to come along now and then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this poll is pretty representative, which, given the likely attendance, is actually a positive as it illustrates how many non-STH are still out there wanting to come along now and then.

Don't get me wrong - I'd say its very representative of the STH on here. My thinking was that there might be a generational discrepancy - I'd say that somewhere approaching 25% of all STH's are 50+. I doubt those 25% for starters, are fully represented on here. Even more importantly, perhaps another 10% are kids - they are not represented here at all. People like me have posted 'yes x 3', but its still only 1 vote in the poll.

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't get me wrong - I'd say its very representative of the STH on here. My thinking was that there might be a generational discrepancy - I'd say that somewhere approaching 25% of all STH's are 50+. I doubt those 25% for starters, are fully represented on here. Even more importantly, perhaps another 10% are kids - they are not represented here at all. People like me have posted 'yes x 3', but its still only 1 vote in the poll.

Just looked at block N1A, there are a ton of tickets left here. I got my ticket as soon as it came out. Not going to miss this one as I already missed Watford due to Holiday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Believe me Hans, I for one will take no pleasure that the crowd is lower than it might have been. I stood on the Goldstone terraces and watched the crowds dwindlle through the '80s and '90s knowing that this correlated with the decline of the team and the club. Now we are fortunately in no way similar to that situation. But a number of us just felt that the Club had got it wrong for this game, even if you put all equity factors aside and wanted to maximise revenue. (I accept that Newcastle may have refused to agree to lower prices). It's not an issue of our crowd compared with other FACup crowds - our fans are phenomenal - it's an issue (I believe) of how much bigger the crowd and total income might have been given optimal pricing.

I've written something in TSLR (due out Saturday) which is a positive suggestion to address ticket pricing issues.

PG
aka PGBGG

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I would see a crowd of 24k as by no means shit. I'd say it was a 'commercial' success.

I still think that 24k is a tad optimistic though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here