Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - with Spoilers - discussion thread

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Except, there is an update right at the start of the article that reveals the soundbite that the "revelation" relied on was actually misheard, and there whole point of the article is now irrelevant.

Oh is it? Didn't when I first looked at it. Anyways, she's clearly Luke's daughter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also Jedi are celibate right?
They're taught that their not supposed to have family, they are to dedicate their lives to keeping peace etc, but that's something Luke wasn't taught, as he was the only Jedi alive - he only had force ghosts to communicate with and they weren't exactly chatty.

He's only appeared once and it was in the TV show.
I've no idea what you're talking about. Who has appeared once, what tv show, and what's that got to do with Qui-Gon learning to communicate after death?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This reveals who Rey is. It is a HUGE spoiler though so do t open if you don't want to know.

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/
Oh is it? Didn't when I first looked at it. Anyways, she's clearly Luke's daughter.
Well that's cleared that up.

I watched unfit the second time the other day and I'm pretty convinced Rea is not Luke's daughter. Just too obvious, so think there will be a twist.
The main argument for her not being Luke's daughter, is that the writers want there to be a twist. Because common sense would be that she is Luke's daughter, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she isn't, just so they can make it 'interesting'. I don't care either way, as long as it's not unbelievable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also on second viewing, I actually noticed the Millenium Falcon when the camera quickly pan past it as Rey and Fin were running to the other ship. I completely missed it on first viewing and so was amused when they ended up going back to it.

And when Fin is going through things on the Falcon looking for something to treat Chewie with, I think one of the things he moves aside is that ball that Luke used to train with the light sabre with Obi Wan on the way to alderaan.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Yes, I forgot about Yoda's voice, too while posting. But my point is, does them appearing suggest the light sabre calling to her is more about the force, than about the Skywalker lineage?

I suppose it does :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bladders Accent Theory

So, my theory for Rey's lineage has nothing to do with Force sensitive powers but Star Wars Universe accents .....................bare with me. :)

I'm sure someone will point out an overlooked character that doesn't fit in to this theory (one reason I asked about Daniel Craigs Stormtrooper accent)

So far the Skywalkers have all had American accents, Anakin, Luke and Leia.

Galactic officers have British accents , Cushing, the bloke who used to be in Eastenders and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill. (Satisfying watching him get choked by Vader in Empire :clap2: )

Clone Troopers have Australian accents where Stormtroopers have American accents, one reason I presume Boyega had to play Fin with an American accent.

Trade Federation has Oriental accents etc

See where I'm going with this................

Ridley was allowed to keep her British accent which tells me she's not a Skywalker. She's the bloodline of a Jedi Knight with a British accent.

Mmmmm, so who could that be? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obi-Wan you cheeky devil.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Obi-Wan you cheeky devil.

My god I think you've cracked it! :bowdown:

I'm going to nail my colours to the Kenobi mast on this one.

Like you though I don't really care if she is or isn't Luke's daughter, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going to nail my colours to the Kenobi mast on this one.
I like your crazy idea, but the thing is, accents will depend on who brings you up, and where. We don't know who brought her up, or where, or whether that's got anything to do with her parentage.

Like you though I don't really care if she is or isn't Luke's daughter, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. :)
Exactly. I know there's a ton wrong with the prequels, but I still like them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So, my theory for Rey's lineage has nothing to do with Force sensitive powers but Star Wars Universe accents .....................bare with me. :)

I'm sure someone will point out an overlooked character that doesn't fit in to this theory (one reason I asked about Daniel Craigs Stormtrooper accent)

So far the Skywalkers have all had American accents, Anakin, Luke and Leia.

Galactic officers have British accents , Cushing, the bloke who used to be in Eastenders and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill. (Satisfying watching him get choked by Vader in Empire :clap2: )

Clone Troopers have Australian accents where Stormtroopers have American accents, one reason I presume Boyega had to play Fin with an American accent.

Trade Federation has Oriental accents etc

See where I'm going with this................

Ridley was allowed to keep her British accent which tells me she's not a Skywalker. She's the bloodline of a Jedi Knight with a British accent.

Mmmmm, so who could that be? ???

She's a Galactic officer?

If she was Obi Wn Kenobi's kid she'd have to be older than Kylo Ren wouldn't she? What with Obi wan dying in the first star wars. Or can his ghost make babies?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
She's a Galactic officer?

If she was Obi Wn Kenobi's kid she'd have to be older than Kylo Ren wouldn't she? What with Obi wan dying in the first star wars. Or can his ghost make babies?

She's a Galactic officer? :lolol:

Daughter? No didn't suggest that, just bloodline.

Some EU had bits referring to a daughter that Kenobi had, one even suggesting Luke had a child with her.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
She's a Galactic officer? :lolol:

Daughter? No didn't suggest that, just bloodline.

Some EU had bits referring to a daughter that Kenobi had, one even suggesting Luke had a child with her.

What's EU? I've seen several people mention it.

So Luke had a child with the daughter of Obi Wan Kenobi? That'd be some lineage. Xmas dinner would be fun with Grandpa's Kenobi And Vader having a few sherries...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What's EU? I've seen several people mention it.

So Luke had a child with the daughter of Obi Wan Kenobi? That'd be some lineage. Xmas dinner would be fun with Grandpa's Kenobi And Vader having a few sherries...

EU is Expended Universe. All the books etc that came out after Return of the Jedi .

Its hard now though to tell what is and isn't canon.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Or.......

She is another Virgin birth.

Darth Plageous was responsible for Anakins birth IIRC, and if he is Snoke then he may have done it again.

Rey's parent not understanding her abilities leaves her on Jakku through fear and no understanding of the Force. :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But Leia has a British accent at times. Darth Vader does too and Leia and Luke's mum speaks British English...So the Skywalker family does have British English in there somewhere. Is it not more to do with the social standing of the characters (American accent is poorer "normal" citezens, British accent for people of power and wealth)?

Leia has a bad accent when she's trying to be Princessly, but its American through most the film. Bail Organa her adopted father had an American accent.

I'm not convinced James Earl Jones is doing a British accent when he's voicing Vader.

Lukes mum? you mean Padme? She has an American accent through the whole saga, only doing a dodgy British one at the beginning of the Phantom Menace when she is being Queenly.

So those in the Skywalker lineage doing British accents are just faking it due to their standing, when relaxed they ave American accents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here