Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - with Spoilers - discussion thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The point I'm making @Triggaaar is I'm hoping that Rey isn't related to a Skywalker.
And I'm managing your expectations, to save a later disappointment :)

I just do not see the need to have to link every bloody thing in the SW Universe.
You've got the Old Republic, it's only this recent bit we're looking at, and Anakin wasn't required for the prequels, Palpatine would have done it all anyway.

Surely in a whole GALAXY there are other powerful force sensitive humanoids who aren't related to Skywalkers.
Well we don't know much (from the films) about the dark side, we just know that the Jedi Council liked to train very young prospects. Given that Anakin was created by the force (possibly by Plagueis), then he's going to stand out a bit. But yes, there's no reason why she couldn't have been created by a Sith, like Anakin.

I don't think you should worry - so what if Luke had a kid, and if he did, wouldn't we expect that child to be powerful? I don't mind either way really.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Kenobi must have smashed the life out of a couple of Mos Eisley's finest lasses whilst hanging around for Luke to grow up.

Granddaughter? ???

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
The point I'm making [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is I'm hoping that Rey isn't related to a Skywalker.

I just do not see the need to have to link every bloody thing in the SW Universe.

Surely in a whole GALAXY there are other powerful force sensitive humanoids who aren't related to Skywalkers.

Maybe she was another virgin birth like Anakin. :moo:

Probably not as powerful as a Skywalker, remember the midi-chlorians!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably not as powerful as a Skywalker, remember the midi-chlorians!

Surely it was originally the Jedi council that sought after new recruits with the force and trained them.
DV wiped them all out, bar three of them, two died, leaving LS.
LS tried to do training, but one absconded.
Who else now would know of potential Jedi, apart from ones who may be offspring?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Surely it was originally the Jedi council that sought after new recruits with the force and trained them.
DV wiped them all out, bar three of them, two died, leaving LS.
LS tried to do training, but one absconded.
Who else now would know of potential Jedi, apart from ones who may be offspring?

I'd assume Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan - the three Jedi who are able to appear as Force spirits and are able to detect changes within the Cosmic Force. They would have been aware of Rey's 'awakening'.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'd assume Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan - the three Jedi who are able to appear as Force spirits and are able to detect changes within the Cosmic Force. They would have been aware of Rey's 'awakening'.

God I sound like a berk.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
God I sound like a berk.
You have taken your first step into a larger world.

I really should get out more :lolol:

PS - Qui-Gon Jinn was the first to learn the path to immortality and return from the netherworld of the force.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
You have taken your first step into a larger world.

I really should get out more :lolol:

PS - Qui-Gon Jinn was the first to learn the path to immortality and return from the netherworld of the force.

But Jinn I don't think ever mastered being a force spirit...he could only project his voice not something you could see. If I recall he could only 'appear' on one certain planet. The three I mentioned I assume must have refined the teaching he discovered. But yeah I guess he also would detect the awakening of new strong connections to the force...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who knows, I was just summising with a very large glass of red!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But Jinn I don't think ever mastered being a force spirit...he could only project his voice not something you could see.
They didn't say anything about that in the film, there's no reason to think it would be different.
If I recall he could only 'appear' on one certain planet.
That can't be right, as Yoda said to Obi-wan that he'd teach him how to communicate with Qui-Gon while Obi-Wan is on Tatooine - and Yoda wasn't on Tatooine when Qui-Gon got in touch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given how strong with the force Rey is, I wonder if she could detect my 'awakening'.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm working on a Rey theory.

Can anyone remember if Daniel Craig's Stormtrooper spoke in a British or American accent?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Palpatine was a man.

But he doesn't look like Sidious.

Indeed.

Agreed.
Maybe so, but I'm sticking with the Leia's daughter thing, if only because it's a more palatable concept than Rey being Luke's daughter. However, like others have mentioned, I'd prefer she wasn't related to any of them - I just don't think Lucasfilm agree though.

edit: I'd also like a female Twi'lek main character. Also that Exar Kun be the main bad guy :D :D

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe so, but I'm sticking with the Leia's daughter thing, if only because it's a more palatable concept than Rey being Luke's daughter.
What's not palatable about her being Luke's daughter? Why shouldn't he have had a child?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here