St James's Street, brighton, Sh*thole!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
A highly amusing thread. In turn us Fiveways patrons look down on the shithole that is Preston Circus with its Saturday night white shirt (top button open and stinking like a tart's boudoir) wankers who are having their pre-West Street lager and game of pool in the Hairy Hounds before heading down to the Event. As mentioned above, give me some of the select boozers on St James' Street anyday.

In making this post CM does acknowledge that there are a significant number of deluded (or just very young) NSCers who are attracted to West St like flies to shite on a Fri/Sat night.

Pah! Fiveways?

I'd rather spend my evening in the Hairy Hounds drinking shit lager and being generally soulless than go knife dodging up the 'Stabber'. Mind you, its only a short walk down to the Cleveland innit.

:snobbery:

D

Deleted User X18H

Cheeky Monkey said:
A highly amusing thread. In turn us Fiveways patrons look down on the shithole that is Preston Circus with its Saturday night white shirt (top button open and stinking like a tart's boudoir) wankers who are having their pre-West Street lager and game of pool in the Hairy Hounds before heading down to the Event. As mentioned above, give me some of the select boozers on St James' Street anyday.

In making this post CM does acknowledge that there are a significant number of deluded (or just very young) NSCers who are attracted to West St like flies to shite on a Fri/Sat night.
Fiveways how nice BN2

berkshire seagull said:
it was a nice street in those days and how things change and i don't recall seeing many gays around there then.???
When was "then"?

There was a visible gay community in the area when I lived up St James's Street - and that was in the late SIXTIES.

But I agree. It was a nice street. Still is, imo.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
a shit hole full of vagrents and spongers ..needs to be cleaned up !!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
St James Street - in fact, Brighton as a whole - needs a lot MORE gays, with their good restaurants, delicatessens and gift shops to stop less smelly people from tower blocks and Whitehawk from dominating the town centre.

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Danny, Danny, Danny I'll let you off this once because unfortunately for you (who obviously enjoys going out to a "club") you missed the heyday of English clubs in the early to mid 90s and instead hava to make do with the absolutely souless, predictable pap that is the Event 2

"Good music" You are having a laugh
"Late license" Yup, you've got me on that one
"Bella Emberg's" Well, chatting up 16-21 year old GIRLS is not my scene so you are welcome to it

Oh I see, you're in the age bracket 40-50 then, well I'll let you off bruv :lolol:
I like Event for the cheap drinks and they play some good 90's dance for the record, how can anyone plausibly say you could have a better night up zzzzzzzzzzz......St James's. But hey, each to their own Bella :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Man of Harveys said:
St James Street - in fact, Brighton as a whole - needs a lot MORE gays, with their good restaurants, delicatessens and gift shops to stop less smelly people from tower blocks and Whitehawk from dominating the town centre.

Yeah get more of them in then hopefully most of the ****s will f*** off. They can go and live on an island together and wear their shit shirts, beat each other up and shag ugly women.

West st is the street full of weirdos

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Can I ask where St James street is? Is it the hill that Leads you up to Kemp town. At the bottom is Stein Gardens??

:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Northstander said:
Can I ask where St James street is? Is it the hill that Leads you up to Kemp town. At the bottom is Stein Gardens??

:nono:

Yup, with the old job centre at the bottom.

D

Deleted User X18H

Man of Harveys said:

OH NO I ................................................ agree with you:ohmy:

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Oh I see, you're in the age bracket 40-50 then, well I'll let you off bruv :lolol:
I like Event for the cheap drinks and they play some good 90's dance for the record, how can anyone plausibly say you could have a better night up zzzzzzzzzzz......St James's. But hey, each to their own Bella :lolol:

I'm 27 and think West Street, and The Event in particular, is utter shite.

I don't think it's anything to do with age, more mentality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Yup, with the old job centre at the bottom.

It used to be Jolyons cafeteria where I worked for my Saturday and holiday job. You think it's bad now - you should have seen the place then: the place was full of junkies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
It's a slagfest! All the totty's in West Street. Or does that make me have a one track mind.

All the tooty or all the slappers?

You'll find a much higher class of ladies at the concorde, ocean rooms, audio etc.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Stumpy Tim said:
I used to own a house at Fiveways and it was BN2

you must have been using the wrong post code then.

fiveways area is BN1 6 ,hoillingdean is BN1 7

BN2 does not start until Princes road, which is qtr of the way up ditchling road , hardly Fiveways!

D

Deleted User X18H

Five ways is by the Stammer pub and the Co-op also the Agra Tandoori and what was Savoury books, about a qtr of the way up Ditchling road by Princes Road.........................actually

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports