Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St James's Street, brighton, Sh*thole!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Just Been up and down St James's street, What a scuzzy place, must be the worst street in Brighton and Hove, I though London road was bad but in 10 minutes I passed, 3 young kids kicking each other pissing of shoppers, a dosser swearing at the top of his voice calling his girlfriend a f***ing bitch!, at the top in upper rock gardens 15 or so dossers drinking,
it seemed every other person i passed was an unsavery character.
theres also a handy Cash coverters for their stolen goods!

They can put as many "so Called" trendy shops down there as they like it will still be the shittyist street is Brighton & Hhove!

I feel on edge every time I walk up and down it!

I work in High Street, just off it. The amount of chavs you get coming out of the benefit office pissing everyone off is a disgrace.
Good Safeway there though, I had a nice slice of pizza. box of chips and Pepsi there at lunch punk:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cash converters were invented for junkies.

It's quite amusing that the two in Brighton are on London Road and St James street respectively. I

I used to have to walk up there every time I went out on my way home. Started avoiding it after a while and walking up Edward Street instead because of the amount of ***** up there. Quite a shame really.

I worked on St James's Street for four years (the clue's in my username) and although it is very scummy I actually found, and still find, it a really lively and interesting part of town. There's always something going on, all night as well, and despite the tramps and chavs there's also a proper sense of community.

A lot of people say they feel threatened around there at night but I never have. Tend to find the centre of town more dangerous late at night.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Although there are quite a few pikies and freaks in St James St, I would much rather have a night out there than somewhere like West Street which is townie/chav "heaven"

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
western road is getting like that - from montp. to holland road.

scumbags everywhere.

western road is trurning onto london road - all the shops are now phone or £1 shops. the whole street smells of tennants super.

errr, council hello, anyone in? thought not.

:angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
brunswick said:
western road is trurning onto london road - all the shops are now phone or £1 shops. the whole street smells of tennants super.

errr, council hello, anyone in? thought not.

The council are probably adopting their usual policy of ignoring it for quarter of a century in the hope that it'll fall into the sea. Maybe it needs a Western Road Trust forming. Only ineffectual wankers with anoraks need apply :salute:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I went to the Jog Shop in Geoorge St last week. (You have to if you need a pair of trainers to actually run in....but I digress.)
Going up St James St I couldn't help but notice the amount of dog shit. You literally had to keep your eyes peeled or you were guarunteed to step in it.

Agree totally about Western Road as well. All the big chains have deserted to Churchill Sq & it's dying a death.

London Road....say no more.

Parts of Brighton are turning into Pompey!

D

Deleted User X18H

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Cash converters were invented for junkies.

It's quite amusing that the two in Brighton are on London Road and St James street respectively. I

I used to have to walk up there every time I went out on my way home. Started avoiding it after a while and walking up Edward Street instead because of the amount of ***** up there. Quite a shame really.
There is no cash converters in London Road.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
So you'd rather go to the Bulldog then a straight bar?

Most bars on St James Street aren't gay fool

Pubs like Sidewinder piss on drinking establishments on West Street, including your beloved Event 2

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
St James's Street is all right. There's quite an, er, interesting mix of characters hanging around.

Far, far, far better than Pikey Street, sorry London Road.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Has it moved or am I inamgining things then. Right down neat Preston circus. Come to think of it I think I might be imagining it. Hmmm, where am I thinking of?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
There are plenty of straight places to drink in Kemp Town. The St. James, Tin Drum and Sidewinder to name just a few.

Like Dancin Ninja says, it's far nicer drinking round that way than the scum pikey area that is West Street.

Agreed although the Sidewinder has disappeared up it's own arse in recent times.

D

Deleted User X18H

London Road IS full of Pikeys from Moulscoombe Hollingdean Lewes road, Albion Hill and Bevendean.

Not the the trendy Preston Circus ites who live their with the expensive properties ..................... like me.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's just because all the bus routes from the shit areas of town stop in London Road that it is inhabited by scum.

There are some nice boozers around that area tough. FACT.

ps hb&b is correct, there is no Cash Converters on London Road although I'm sure there once was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here