Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St James's Street, brighton, Sh*thole!

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Most bars on St James Street aren't gay fool

Pubs like Sidewinder piss on drinking establishments on West Street, including your beloved Event 2

Yeah great music in the Sideweiner and a late licence as well of course :rolleyes: And don't even get me started on the totty. Ie, great if you're a fan of Bella Emberg.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
St Jame's street is a bit tatty, no doubt about that but like a lot of people on here I would rather stroll down it in a pink tutu supping a babycham than have to go out for a drink in West street

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
alan partridge said:
St Jame's street is a bit tatty, no doubt about that but like a lot of people on here I would rather stroll down it in a pink tutu supping a babycham than have to go out for a drink in West street
reading that back I realise I've implied that a lot of you would like to wear a pink tutu and drink babycham walking down St James' Street.

Sorry about that;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It's just because all the bus routes from the shit areas of town stop in London Road that it is inhabited by scum.

There are some nice boozers around that area tough. FACT.

ps hb&b is correct, there is no Cash Converters on London Road although I'm sure there once was.

There used to be a Cash Converters at Preston Circus, on the corner of London Road. I think it's where the kebab shop is, somewhere round there anyway. London Road is killed by the traffic. One day it'll be a really good place to be. If anybody's looking for a property killing, that's the place to be looking at IMHO cos the shops are painfully slowly creeping upmarket (that Spanish bakery place, the neon nails shop, a Subway, Beanies cafe etc.). Soon as they pedestrianise it, BINGO!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
There used to be a Cash Converters at Preston Circus, on the corner of London Road. I think it's where the kebab shop is, somewhere round there anyway. London Road is killed by the traffic. One day it'll be a really good place to be. If anybody's looking for a property killing, that's the place to be looking at IMHO cos the shops are painfully slowly creeping upmarket (that Spanish bakery place, the neon nails shop, a Subway, Beanies cafe etc.). Soon as they pedestrianise it, BINGO!

Thought so, it's where Delight Kebab is innit? Next to the place that sells washing machines and fridges and alike. Quite weird that I don't know that as I go in there about twice a week. I wish I could afford to stay there but the rent is creeping up and up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO Brighton in general has gradually become downmarket especially since achieving city status. It was if somebody told the council 'we are now a city and have to subscribe to inner city slums and follow the likes of Portsmouth'. Granted every where isnt the same but more and moreareas are becoming lke that.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Yeah great music in the Sideweiner and a late licence as well of course :rolleyes: And don't even get me started on the totty. Ie, great if you're a fan of Bella Emberg.

Danny, Danny, Danny I'll let you off this once because unfortunately for you (who obviously enjoys going out to a "club") you missed the heyday of English clubs in the early to mid 90s and instead hava to make do with the absolutely souless, predictable pap that is the Event 2

"Good music" You are having a laugh
"Late license" Yup, you've got me on that one
"Bella Emberg's" Well, chatting up 16-21 year old GIRLS is not my scene so you are welcome to it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
hove born&bred said:
London Road IS full of Pikeys from Moulscoombe Hollingdean Lewes road, Albion Hill and Bevendean.

Not the the trendy Preston Circus ites who live their with the expensive properties ..................... like me.

Are you Dwayne by any chance?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
hove born&bred said:

Not the the trendy Preston Circus ites who live their with the expensive properties ..................... like me.

A highly amusing thread. In turn us Fiveways patrons look down on the shithole that is Preston Circus with its Saturday night white shirt (top button open and stinking like a tart's boudoir) wankers who are having their pre-West Street lager and game of pool in the Hairy Hounds before heading down to the Event. As mentioned above, give me some of the select boozers on St James' Street anyday.

In making this post CM does acknowledge that there are a significant number of deluded (or just very young) NSCers who are attracted to West St like flies to shite on a Fri/Sat night.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah agreed it is a shite hole and to think i lived in that big grey block of flats for a year grrrrrr,but it was a nice street in those days and how things change and i don't recall seeing many gays around there then.???

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah agreed it is a shite hole and to think i lived in that big grey block of flats for a year grrrrrr,but it was a nice street in those days and how things change and i don't recall seeing many gays around there then.???

Risky post, you'll upset the pc brigade on here!

:lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Grown men screaming like girls and rubbing eachothers cocks up grrrrr how exciting is that:lolol:

My research shows that when you get communitys i.e gay or foreign in one area they are the shite holes full stop.Its pure facts full stop.???

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Must admit it has a very poor look about it these days and needs to move with the times i.e funds or ship the weirdo's out.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here